Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Oh. For some reason I thought I remembered seeing a rendering with it exposed.

Reactions: W-4
I wasn't sure about leaving that little bit of the old garage exposed, but I think it's going to look nice!

And I like little nods to the past, even if the "past" being referenced/preserved wasn't particularly beloved.

Reactions: W-4
It's amazing what a coat of paint can do for an aging brutalist structure. It really spiffies up the concrete surfaces and cleanly defines the shapes.

Agree, if you paint (Boston City Hall, Charles f. Hurley building and so on ) with white or black paint (especially if ask for the help of designers ), they will look better, fresh and not as boring as they are now because of the old concrete color

2023-07-22

IMG_1887.jpeg
IMG_1886.jpeg

One of these days, we'll look up, and find that it is gone, yet we've hardly noticed any progress along the way.

Aug 3
Bostons version of Stonehenge

1) I truly hope this doesn't mean it is going to last for millennia like England's!
2) Beeline, awesome to be seeing your photo posts again : )
3) If you use the "insert image" tool from the top menu, rather than the link tool or adding an attachment, then the images will display in-line and not as thumbnails

Thanks for a post that made my morning!

It looks like they have finally removed the last of the floor planks over the Green Line. Does anyone know if that means we can do away with the Green Line shutdowns, or are we stuck until everything is down?

Back