Bulfinch Triangle Infill & Small Projects

Rendering looks like it was done in Nintendo64, but you gotta love replacing a vacant one story with 15 stories of things that will get used.

Rendering looks like it was done in Nintendo64, but you gotta love replacing a vacant one story with 15 stories of things that will get used.

Wonder why they decided that the hotel needs that many suites...and no windows on the sides.

091514canalSt01.jpg

I literally laughed out loud upon seeing this. I mean why even bother?

Wonder why they decided that the hotel needs that many suites...and no windows on the sides.

Rendering looks like windows on two sides, and party walls on the others. In fairness, most chain hotels only have windows on one side of their rooms. Depending on the layout, at last a few of these units could have more.

Takeaways from the PNF:

-Designed by ADD Inc.
-The blank wall meets the lot line and it is expected that it will eventually be covered expectation of redevelopment/expansion of the Boston Beer Works building (110 Canal). In the meantime, a public art/lighting installation will fill the gap in between the two.
-Structure (including mechanicals) tops out at 149', about the same as the Victor/Avenir
-Exceeds the available FAR by 7 (13 vs 6) but has the support of the local neighborhood group

I don't really understand the insults on this page. Am I missing something?

Hotel good
Design fits in well
Bye bye ATM
Extended Canal St Density

Just to be clear, my criticism was only directed at the quality of the rendering and had nothing to do with the building.

Hooray! Another waste of space in a prime location!

Are you criticizing the current land use (one-story BOA) or the new development? Because only the former makes any sense to me...

Comically inadequate rendering aside, this appears to be the perfect scale for this area. Similar in height and massing to the Onyx Hotel. The best thing about it is the small footprint.

Ahhh, now I get it. Yes, that rendering was so comically bad that it was pointless. My bad.

Here's a question. Was this the same parcel that had a similar looking building that burned in 1999?

Nope, that bank structure dates back to the 1950s.

Back