Bulfinch Triangle Infill & Small Projects

Put up the first storefront now, add the rest of the building to it later?

I get that it's a temporary structure, but c'mon. This looks like it belongs in Freetown.

It's not going to win any awards for architecture, but it seems like a better addition to this street than the gas station that was there.

I don't know, this is pretty bad. Embarrassing, actually.

'Jucket' is a word I never heard before I looked it up just now.

(Google Maps doesn't know that street in Freetown. It keeps trying to send me to Dartmouth.)

Down by the ash landfill
The juckets call it home

It's not going to win any awards for architecture, but it seems like a better addition to this street than the gas station that was there. And as many have pointed out, it's going to be very easy to remove the building when someone actually wants to build something here in the future.

"Better than the gas station," the new "better than a parking lot".

"Better than the gas station," the new "better than a parking lot".

We'll soon be on "Better than the Superfund site" or "Better than the federal penitentiary."

Progress at One Canal this morning:

11308135346_35a7e58319_b.jpg

This project will do well to define the neighborhood and lessen the scar of the ramps. The Bulfinch triangle has been a Bulfinch amorphous blob for a while.

The PR men deserve an award for how they describe the value of this kiosk.

YES! as much as GCG and NS developments will bookend the neighborhood on both ends tremendously, building out the infill in the Bulfinch Triangle is what will really make the place unique and cool to explore. I've kinda always thought of it as a mini Fort Point.

I really enjoy canal st...it would make a great "street party" street...shut it down to cars and have beer gardens and food vendors before games like yawkey way...I know...boston prob isn't cool enough to allow such great times.

I really enjoy canal st...it would make a great "street party" street...shut it down to cars and have beer gardens and food vendors before games like yawkey way...I know...boston prob isn't cool enough to allow such great times.

I've always thought the same. Once more people start living in this area (and maybe they improve connections to Haymarket) it would be a nice street party location. Like 4th Street Live in Louisville.

KMybtSg.jpg

Or East Fourth Street in Cleveland.

East-4th-Street.jpg

CBT Architects was developing a vision several years ago for Friend Street a few blocks away but nothing has come of it.

friends-streetfull_1.jpg

^ Ironic considering CBT's offices are on Canal Street.

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2014/09/bulfinch_triangle_draws_hotel_plan

A Woburn firm plans a $30 million, 90-room boutique hotel in the Bulfinch Triangle area near North Station, adding to the boom of approved and proposed development there.

Somnath Hospitality wants to replace a vacant one-level former bank branch at 104 Canal St. with a new 15-story, luxury hotel with six two-story penthouse suites.

“We think that’s a great location because it’s near TD (Garden), it’s near Faneuil Hall (Marketplace), it’s near Mass. General Hospital,” said Vincent Cortina, a Somnath representative. “It will not only get business travelers, it will get tourists. There’s plenty of amenities in the neighborhood for guests.”

The hotel would have a lobby and small cafe on the first floor, with a guest fitness center below, and valet service for off-site parking.

091514canalSt.jpg

091514canalSt01.jpg

I believe this is at the corner of Canal and Valenti.

Back