Bulfinch Triangle Infill & Small Projects

No....... More like putting down Elkus Manfredi out of his misery.

Riff -- its the ol blunder-buss in action again

you said putting down Elkus Manfredi out of HIS misery

Did you mean Elkus or Manfredi or were you thinking of the firm as an individual

Just in case you think Elkus Manfredi is an individual -- well they are instead a major architectural firm with the following principals:

Howard F. Elkus
David P. Manfredi
Elizabeth O. Lowrey
Samuel Norod
John Martin

If you are thinking back to TAC and even Walter Gropius -- only Howard F. Elkus, David P. Manfredi, and Samuel Norod were with TAC and I don't think any of them were with Gropius

I'm more confused about stating that the only good piece of architecture in the pipeline is the Copley Place tower that is designed by Elkus Manfredi, and then following up that statement by saying Elkus Manfredi needs to be put out of his (its) misery?

Can they finish the one good piece of architecture you praised before you pull the trigger?

I'm more confused about stating that the only good piece of architecture in the pipeline is the Copley Place tower that is designed by Elkus Manfredi, and then following up that statement by saying Elkus Manfredi needs to be put out of his (its) misery?

Can they finish the one good piece of architecture you praised before you pull the trigger?

Seamus -- that's the problems with those match-lock bulunderbusses and hand canons -- they sometiems go off without any provocation when you are pointing in the wrong direction

Riff -- just wondering -- did you bother to looks at the video?

Whigh, if you read my blog you missed that I stated
"I had to response to this picture of the rendering"

So no....... I did not see the video. I was only responding to the rendering.

As I also state for Elkus Manfredi misery comment on the Fan Pier project.......before I get so excited ever seeing the Copley place proposal in the works.

My point is I will probably be disappointed with Copley in the end also so why not just put the firm Elkus Manfredi out of their misery before we get so excited.

I hope that clears everything up

today??
087_zps72330f22.jpg

The squat traffic light pole and wire support, the parking lot, the truncated building and half-ass framing going up are...... an Ugly Boston winnah!

Thankfully we can put an end to all the negativivty around here. We finally have a development that everyone can agree is a proper and fitting or urban space:

20121214-PC140078_zpscb5d2d21.jpg

20121214-PC140071_zpse573c485.jpg

20121214-PC140074_zps4cdf011e.jpg

20121214-PC140081_zps4f38c4fa.jpg

What used to be here:

MerrimacHouse.jpg

I saw it from the side today and at first thought they were building a new subway entrance. Urgh.

My dad and I walked by the steel framing a couple of weeks ago and were puzzled.

Maybe they'll replace the Government Center Garage with a giant surf-simulation tank, as Bondi Beach is about 10,000 miles away.

Wasn't that going to be a parking lot for electric cars? (because parking lots are ok downtown if they are electric). This should be a nice cornered apartment building. 20 stories easy.

Architecture inspired by Big Dig vent stacks? But somehow looks even worse?

That does not look anywhere near big enough to contain both a coffee shop and a pie shop (or even just one of them).

Why was this built with steel? It's 20' tall at it's peak. I gotta believe wood frame would have been cheaper.

I hope it's just a very temporary placeholder. That said, this looks ridiculous.

They should have put it in a outfitted shipping container.

I think outfitted shipping containers could potentially revive the urban diner by placing them in empty or underutilized lots in cities. Boston could certainly use at least a few. They could be the 21st century descendants of the original iconic train car diners. You could stick them in parking lots, vacant lots or, say, under highways or other infrastructural carbuncles. And if you want to be really 21st century, they don't even necessarily have to be diners, they could be any retail business.

Is this even for real? I think someone is just testing us to see how far they can push us with absurd developments...

Also, I think this is built on the parking lot that was charging more for SUVs and Pickups to park?

It's not going to win any awards for architecture, but it seems like a better addition to this street than the gas station that was there. And as many have pointed out, it's going to be very easy to remove the building when someone actually wants to build something here in the future.

Christ, I had assumed that "structure" was a temporary staging outhouse for construction of a more-permanent building. This is absurd.

Back