Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

Re: NorthPoint Cambridge (The one that was train yards, the big plan.)

Isn't this just architecture for the sake of being different? In other words, artistic defecation.

Fixed that.

I still think you are giving them too much credit. This looks like the work of a design/build firm trying to fool a client into thinking they were more than a design/build firm.

You guys should wait until the waterfall has been value engineered to hell and back. THEN we'll have something to talk about.

Minimalism with an ass crack.

Rem Unkoolhaas. Morphositosis. Office dUMB.

it could be worse, they could have gone with the original elkus design.

Its pretentious office park. They should get rid of the white bands and make it all glass and use a different color glass for the ass crack. Still not great but definitely much better. A relatively simple change would make a big difference.

recent changes:

The Planning Board gave preliminary approval Oct. 2 for HYM’s next phase of the North Point development, which will feature taller, skinnier buildings with more open space and a centralized retail square.

The 45-acre development was approved in 2003 with a 20-year building permit that will eventually allow for the development of over 5 million square feet of residential and commercial space with nine acres of open space. Tom O’Brien, founding partner and managing director of HYM Investment Group LLC, the project’s developer, said they would be able to increase open space to 11 acres by changing the building configurations, decreasing the building footprints and increasing their heights. The previous approved plan had a wall of buildings lining the Monsignor O’Brien Highway and rail yards

The rest of the article
http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...es-next-phase-in-East-Cambridge#axzz29Bs6cVdr

Way too difficult to get around WickedLocal's anti-right-clicking-BS. But I nabbed the render of North Point:

g183183000000000000f936ee76cab20149a3535486071ef9b154283d58.jpg

I hope they have stairs up to the Prison Point Bridge from the park/North Point Blvd. Too much focus on the Lechmere stop; having decent access to the Orange Line would be awesome, too. You could rather easily get to the Community College stop with some stairs.

Actually, not sure if that's viable due to ADA... *sigh*

Any large pictures of the proposal?

I hope they have stairs up to the Prison Point Bridge from the park/North Point Blvd. Too much focus on the Lechmere stop; having decent access to the Orange Line would be awesome, too. You could rather easily get to the Community College stop with some stairs.

Actually, not sure if that's viable due to ADA... *sigh*

It's hard to tell in the render, but do the buildings abutting the bridge have an access point on whatever floor is level with the bridge? If so, those buildings at least would have access to Community College.

i cant seem to add the pdf link, but google "northpoint parcel N" and there are 3 different PDF's that give you the latest plans for the apt building they plan to build next to the bridge and it does in fact have a ramp/bridge thing that connects the NP park to the prison point bridge and orange line. also it looks like there will be several retail spaces on the ground floor.

Way too difficult to get around WickedLocal's anti-right-clicking-BS. But I nabbed the render of North Point:

Is this the current plan? The caption under that rendering says, "an early rendering of the Northpoint Proposal"

Is this the current plan? The caption under that rendering says, "an early rendering of the Northpoint Proposal"

It does not look like the current plan, and does not have the renders of the Parcel N project in the September 2012 pdf files.

There will be pedestrian access up to the Gilmore Bridge.

That is an old rendering of NorthPoint but Wickedlocal Cambridge used it in their article. Building N will provide a connection to the Gilmore Bridge. Pedestrians will enter the park from the back of the building.

I sorta, kinda like that one.

But I could see it getting old quickly as a trend.

It looks disturbingly like a terrorist attack. The new mural on the Greenway ventilation building would go well with it.

Back