Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

DSC_0017.jpeg
DSC_0033  .jpeg
DSC_0058.jpeg
DSC_0097 .jpeg

Why are those tower cranes so high off the ground when the structures aren't above ground yet? Why not have them closer to the ground and then jack them up as the building rises?

Cheaper to erect it once, rather than jack it up multiple times?

At least with the building behind my work (Mass Mutual in the Seaport), they set up the crane just high enough to build the core, then added a standoff from the core with a lifting frame above it, and lifted it up a few more segments.

I've lost count, can anyone help me out and please answer.....how many buildings are presently under construction here, and what are they? I can keep track of Seaport developments since most are on separate threads, as well as Assembly, Boston Landing, and Kendall Square for the same reason, but here, everything being built is found under one heading.

I've lost count, can anyone help me out and please answer.....how many buildings are presently under construction here, and what are they? I can keep track of Seaport developments since most are on separate threads, as well as Assembly, Boston Landing, and Kendall Square for the same reason, but here, everything being built is found under one heading.
Atlantaden:
as of Dec. -- we had the following from a person "in the know"
JK, EF, G, H, I1, I2, W, Q1, and Common (north) are under construction.

Philips (JK) is open, with some folks in/out daily, but not planning full office transfers until January. The remaining (reformatted) Common north park section will be open by spring.

The businesses in W will be open by March-April (bakery/bar/lunch) and May (brewery).

Supposedly, Lot I will be late 2020, but I think that is really early/mid 2021 unless they hasten building more than JK (which is possible, given the pace of Twenty|20's construction in 2014).

G, H, and EF should be delivered prior to YE 2021, with EF probably the last in early/mid 2022.

That would be 8 or 9 including a couple of small structures for the brewery W, some other retail and of course the New Lechmere

see the following presentation from last Autumn

Last edited:
I confirmed with the City of Cambridge and CX corporate that all construction will halt on Sat 21 March 2020 (cob) until further notice. This link explains the specifics and potential timeline (minimum of a week, but I think we all assume it could be quite a bit longer).

My apologies if this was posted elsewhere; I just have a few moments and shot straight to the CX thread.

Cheers: be safe.

Looking NW from the Gilmore bridge. Parcels H + G, with JK on the left
1586140062353.png

Playing with panorama looking at the park. JK is on the right
1586139992437.png

Last edited:

Back