Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

Late night cladding work at Lot G.

20200917_194302.jpg
20200917_194500.jpg
20200917_194552.jpg

@etik Thanks for these! It's too bad Imgur can't support time lapse videos. I have some great fish eye vid from last Friday at midnight.

Reminder of Lot G design:
1600444601315.png

1600444729509.png

I was expecting metal, to be honest. Not sure how the concrete panels will look. Just wait and see I guess...

Lot W (west pod) / 16 Sep 2020

Looks like a teal bar ... lots of point light in the ceiling.

Of the three businesses that will occupy Lot W, two are slated to open on/about 10 October.

nOaJrvnh.jpg

The amount and rate of SF going up here is really impressive. Enough to have my non-architecture/development friends/family bring it up as 'what's going on next to the train yards?' 'That came out of nowhere' 'That place is huge' etc.

I wish they put more money into the design/quality of just a few these. I don't even mind the height. It's already quite prominent and the new 'face' of Cambridge from 93 as you come into Boston from the North. You'd figure DivCo would want to boast a few impressive buildings rather than background ones, and that they'd have some tenants looking for that kind of visibility.

I ecstatically took the train in yesterday for the first time since March (Lowell Line). Unbelievable how much is happening at the entire Northpoint site. Even with what is now almost complete and what's under construction, you can barely see downtown Boston on the train until the train gets to Memorial drive. Very cool for so many reasons.

I ecstatically took the train in yesterday for the first time since March (Lowell Line). Unbelievable how much is happening at the entire Northpoint site. Even with what is now almost complete and what's under construction, you can barely see downtown Boston on the train until the train gets to Memorial drive. Very cool for so many reasons.

Funny you mention that. A month ago, my partner and I took a drive from home (Everett) to see friends on the South Shore. The drive south on I-93 into the city, he pointed out the budding construction of North Point/Cambridge Crossing—it completely changes the perception of the skyline from the north. On our return drive north on I-93 into the city, he made the same exact remark about all of the South End, Broadway, and Seaport construction that greets you before the Artery tunnel.

I track these changes for a living, so it never surprises me. However, I think it speaks volumes about all the new development when the casual observers notice the big aggregate changes happening around us.

Agree with the above, all the cranes make it look like a mini city being built. I do wonder though, the buildings aren’t very tall, when the cranes are taken down will you even notice?

Lol I tried to find the other perspective but couldnt. Theres a render showing the view from northbound on 93 showing the whole area. That was all I could find.

Back