Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

I don't have a problem with the lintels being different sizes, but I DO have a problem with the lintels being more than one "piece".

I DO have a problem with the lintels being more than one "piece".

Reminds me of this:
2460967552_3d19db7656_z.jpg

Although, I've always wondered if its actually subtle architectural genius. After all, many would say a building's aesthetics should reflect its use. Perhaps the functionally impossible arch is an ironic statement on the authenticity and quality of the food within.

I don't have a problem with the lintels being different sizes, but I DO have a problem with the lintels being more than one "piece".

This is how you know they did not spring for stone. Its too expensive so they are simulating stone with a manufactured product that has a maximum dimension.

cca

Reminds me of this:
2460967552_3d19db7656_z.jpg

Although, I've always wondered if its actually subtle architectural genius. After all, many would say a building's aesthetics should reflect its use. Perhaps the functionally impossible arch is an ironic statement on the authenticity and quality of the food within.

Yup, this does reflect its use, its a temporary structure dedicated to fantasy.

cca

Thanks for the correction on the pseudo-stonework. I knew that something felt off.

The windows are coming out of the 21 Water Street MBTA building. I think because they have asbestos in them.

l9Ax4Fj.jpg

Hi,

I've noticed many images recently that have broken links ... I see some shots, like the Olive Garden ones above, but not the others that folks are discussing. Any ideas? Greater frequency since the site issues. Thx!

Looks like people are starting to move into this building.

EF has been operating fully out of the new building for almost a month now. Employees are using a service entrance since they have no lobby. The lobby is the only part of the building that's not operational.

Hi,

I've noticed many images recently that have broken links ... I see some shots, like the Olive Garden ones above, but not the others that folks are discussing. Any ideas? Greater frequency since the site issues. Thx!

I'm not having an issue with images loading so far.

Yes, that's http://capitalprojects.mit.edu/projects/sloan-building-e52

I live in the highrise right behind it and construction wakes me up every morning.

I looked into this a little and can't find any renders. It's a renovation to the original Sloan Building, and according to the official Twitter feed of Sloan, it's supposed to be mainly an internal renovation. However it looks like there's a sizable amount of external changes being made to this building...has anyone seen any renders?

Back