Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

Whatever happened to the red?
unnamed (1).jpg

But yeah. What an ugly pile...

Oh my, I didn't even know it was cladded, and I've driven by this a few times the past few weeks.

Nice juxtaposition of fugly and well done. Ironically, the well done one is all affordable, where you would expect extreme VE.

Damn those Frost Terrace apartments are turning out nice. That project really could be a model for how to artfully upzone large single family lots with older homes on them. This approach could work across West Cambridge, Brookline, Newton, Belmont, Milton, etc.

(Fun fact: I lived in an apartment abutting that site when the project was proposed and went to the zoning review board hearing for the project. The room was packed beyond capacity and comments were probably 95%+ supportive, but the small group of 4 or 5 opponents included my landlord. They were of course "for affordable housing," but just not there.)

Also the Beacon Street Hotel looks just about as bad as the Frost Terrace apartments look good. Crazy that construction on the hotel started literally years before construction on the apartments.

Yes,FrostTer apartment building looks awesome, wish more buildings like that were built.

Back