Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

Are Mormons comfortable with stem cell research, cloning, and the like? I wonder if this church is some kind of forward listening post/symbolic "island of righteousness" in the Kendall Square biotech zone. I mean, every Mormon in Massachusetts could probably fit into the massive Belmont temple.

Apparently the Mormon church is growing here. I know a few Mormons and they were talking about how there used to be one district or chapter or whatever they call it on the south shore when they started and now there's 3 or 4. Personally, I think they're a strange breed and I have to agree that this placement is very...odd.

I noticed that a parking lot near Genzyme center is now under construction. Its a parking lot over from the new bio tech office/lab and also that new 303 3rd st. Apartment complex. Any one know anythinig?

driveing thru Kendall Sq yesterday
006-1.jpg
007-5.jpg
008-3.jpg
over the river
001-4.jpg
45 p
011-3.jpg

Re: the last photo...can we call it the Wall of Shame?

It's so funny to see the West End. Boston seems to have 2 skylines, the "Boston" skyline of the Back Bay and Financial District, and the "Everywhere else" skyline of the West End.

Wall of shame? Indeed! I can't believe they mean to leave it like that.

It's so funny to see the West End. Boston seems to have 2 skylines, the "Boston" skyline of the Back Bay and Financial District, and the "Everywhere else" skyline of the West End.
A few more taller towers(No.sta,Gov. garage?)and it would be it's own skyline.
004-1.jpg

A few photos from yesterday.

Koch Institute:

The Mormon Church on Binney Street:

from kendal sq garage, Cambridge skyline looking west
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-26.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-27.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-25.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-28.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-29.jpg
unsure what this building was I drove by too quick!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-23.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-24.jpg

^^ Most harrowing example of Brutalism in Greater Boston.

Hall of Shame candidate?

New home for the FBI?

The Mormon church on Binney Street. Now a hole in the ground with green tarps.

Back