Cambridge skyline photos

45AC7B8F-C591-4055-8216-B493F9C43C78.jpeg
3E11E74E-4038-47A6-AB50-FAB75A2F3CF8.jpeg
EDC7AC7E-78D4-4CBB-87F8-0ED761117CBC.jpeg
Cambridge’s skyline has the same problem as many cities it skyline looks the same from many angles unlike Boston’s which looks different from many angles

A big issue for Cambridge is that, from a distance, its skyline is just foreground to Boston. It doesn't have a distinct skyline from the North at all. The only vantage point from which Cambridge has a distinct skyline is when viewed from the south bank of the Charles.

Some gorgeous drone footage of the Cambridge skyline posted by MIT. I wasn't sure where to put this, but felt that the views spanned multiple projects so I figured I'd share it here. Note: one must stomach some PR fluff to get to the good stuff.

Video:

All image credits to MIT via the above video:
Sk1.png

Sk2.png

Sk3.png

While there are some nice buildings in Kendal, the place is overthought and over-compromised by control freaks, inflexible academics, and political extremists. The result is a rigid, anemic realm with a failed skyline and boring, largely lifeless streetscape. Not a bad place but certainly one that has failed it's potential on so many levels. It does achieve being a great life sciences and R&D cluster. That should be enough, but this area could have been so much more aesthetically, creatively, and for human habitation and enjoyment.

Back