Canopy by Hilton (née Haymarket Hotel) | Blackstone St | Parcel 9 | Greenway

odurandina

Reaction score
i like it. It almost seems like the first floor is re-designed to freshen up
an older building. It'd probably look fine it if it turned out like that.

stick n move

Reaction score
Youre right. Thats a cool new trend happening right now. Looking at the Quinn it also looks like 1 or 2 older south end brick buildings that were gutted and connected together with a new glass section that also adds some height as well. Pretty soon you might not be able to tell what was rehabbed and what was built from scratch.

Last edited:

JeffDowntown

Reaction score
Youre right. Thats a cool new trend happening right now. Looking at the Quinn it also looks like 1 or 2 older south end brick buildings that were gutted and connected together with a new glass section that also adds some height as well. Pretty soon you might not be able to tell what was rehabbed and what was built from scratch.
This is a great point. The Quinn fits right into the SOWA streetscape looking down Harrison Avenue. (The rework of that design is one that they got right).

Hopefully this will work in a similar fashion.

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

So why does this sign say "Renovation"?
They all do. I guess the BPDA is too lazy to be accurate, but they are saving the tax payers big bucks not having several different signs.

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. If they insist on only have one version of the sign, they should say "construction", at least that's more catch-all than "renovation"...

Czervik.Construction

Reaction score
I am trying to focus on this project, but my wandering eyes keep looking at that temptress, The Sudbury, and the hubba-hubba Hub towers.