Canopy by Hilton (née Haymarket Hotel) | Blackstone St | Parcel 9 | Greenway

i like it. It almost seems like the first floor is re-designed to freshen up
an older building. It'd probably look fine it if it turned out like that.

Youre right. Thats a cool new trend happening right now. Looking at the Quinn it also looks like 1 or 2 older south end brick buildings that were gutted and connected together with a new glass section that also adds some height as well. Pretty soon you might not be able to tell what was rehabbed and what was built from scratch.

Last edited:
Youre right. Thats a cool new trend happening right now. Looking at the Quinn it also looks like 1 or 2 older south end brick buildings that were gutted and connected together with a new glass section that also adds some height as well. Pretty soon you might not be able to tell what was rehabbed and what was built from scratch.
This is a great point. The Quinn fits right into the SOWA streetscape looking down Harrison Avenue. (The rework of that design is one that they got right).

Hopefully this will work in a similar fashion.

49175650687_d46677d5d8_b.jpg

So why does this sign say "Renovation"?

49175650687_d46677d5d8_b.jpg

So why does this sign say "Renovation"?
They all do. I guess the BPDA is too lazy to be accurate, but they are saving the tax payers big bucks not having several different signs.

Huh. If they insist on only have one version of the sign, they should say "construction", at least that's more catch-all than "renovation"...

I am trying to focus on this project, but my wandering eyes keep looking at that temptress, The Sudbury, and the hubba-hubba Hub towers.

I've been pretty absent from archboston for a while now and was searching for this thread for a while. Thankfully a kind soul pointed me in the right direction.

I'm ecstatic that this is finally getting done. It amazes me how long it's taken to fill in the missing parcels near the old SE expressway. It also amazes me that this thread was started in 2009. Wow.

Back