Canvas - Mixed Use Tower (old Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

Not sure what to make of this but the Felt location has been marked by the Fire Department with the White on Red X of Death (dangerous structure, no entry). I wonder if the current owner's plan is to let this thing rot into oblivion?

Kinda surprised it's been given this designation so quickly... there must be some interesting interior structural decomposition since it's only been closed for a few years.
Check the financial health of the owners. I'll bet it will rot as long as they need a tax write-off. Look at Bromfield St. The owner of a string of buildings across from Province St. has allowed them to be nearly empty for upwards of 25 years.

Kinda surprised it's been given this designation so quickly... there must be some interesting interior structural decomposition since it's only been closed for a few years.

Well, the current owner bought the property in 2014 per Suffolk Registry of Deeds--but Felt was shut-down by the state in early 2012. So, the infrastructure has been deteriorating since early 2012, at minimum.

But, let's not kid ourselves: Felt was a failing enterprise since, oh, what, at least 2008 when the recession set in? In its final years, I have to think basic maintenance/upkeep were badly neglected.

So, you say "a few years," but, I'm thinking a decade, minimum... it's important to remember that, in our sharply seasonal climate, a property that is not properly heated/cooled, over a few seasonal cycles, will disintegrate with shocking rapidity. This ain't San Diego.

i have a splendid solution.
Not sure GALER will approve (of 340'). :LOL:

Back