Canvas - Mixed Use Tower (old Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

palindrome

Reaction score
Re: Mixed Use Tower (former Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

statler

Reaction score
Re: Mixed Use Tower (former Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

Some detail from article:

Developer: Rafi Properties

Proposed height: 305 Feet / 30 Stories

Lot size: 3,648-square-foot parcel

Project architect: ADD Inc./Stantec’s

Uses: 94 residential units on the top 26 floors. The bottom four floors would include restauraunt and “collaborative workspace uses,” including co-working and business incubator space.

Notes: design includes retaining the existing four-story facade and building a modern glass and zinc tower on the 26 stories above the base.

Equilibria

Reaction score

It's like the lovechild of 45 Stuart and 22 Liberty. But bent.

datadyne007

Staff member
Reaction score

That is slim & sexy. Love it.

SeamusMcFly

Reaction score

If I remember correctly, the façade is worth keeping too.
So, win/win? Sounds like it.
ADD Inc. seems to have some juice left after the acquisition. Hopefully, they do this right.

Equilibria

Reaction score

I was curious and modeled this in Google Earth - not nearly as prominent as it looks in the render. Its going to get dominated by the Millennium buildings next to it.

Not complaining. New people = more vitality. That's just a very misleading render, is all.

statler

Reaction score

Façade from photo in article. Anyone know the history of the building? Given the area, was it a theater at some point?

JSic

Reaction score

That stretch of Washington Street gets better and better.

They need to build on top (or replace) the Lafayette building though. Another 1 or 2 500 footers to go with the Millenium Place towers.

Brad Plaid

Reaction score

Preservation and a sleek little brother for both Milleniums.

DigitalSciGuy

Reaction score

It's like the lovechild of 45 Stuart and 22 Liberty. But bent.
Hah, I was just trying to figure out what building it reminded me of.

A lot of the buildings going up with full balconies have been condos, not rentals. Probably too early for anything specific since this is just an LOI filing.

It looks nice - I want to stay optimistic as long as possible about the height, shadows on the Common be damned...

Shepard

Reaction score

That is fantastic.

Wish we could get a few of these sprinkled around the outer neighborhoods...

statler

Reaction score

My major concern would be that this development cycle is getting a little long in the tooth and they may be just a little late to the game?

JohnAKeith

Reaction score

GO home Rafi, you're drunk.

statler

Reaction score

Not a fan, John?

Equilibria

Reaction score

Hah, I was just trying to figure out what building it reminded me of.

A lot of the buildings going up with full balconies have been condos, not rentals. Probably too early for anything specific since this is just an LOI filing.

It looks nice - I want to stay optimistic as long as possible about the height, shadows on the Common be damned...
I wouldn't be terribly concerned. It barely clears the enormous wall behind it (not sure what the official name of that building is).

atlantaden

Reaction score

Just when I thought things couldn't get any better this glass surprise pops in from left field!

DigitalSciGuy

Reaction score

I wouldn't be terribly concerned. It barely clears the enormous wall behind it (not sure what the official name of that building is).
Oh! I hadn't noticed they had digitally removed it as well as a portion of the Bijou! It's 151 Tremont or Tremont on the Common as I guess they call themselves - I have a friend who lives on this side of the building and I totally forgot about it. You're right - 151 Tremont is 28 floors if I'm remembering correctly.

statler

Reaction score

mass88

Reaction score
More glass and less cheap looking stuff like most of the other towers built recently in that area.