Canvas - Mixed Use Tower (old Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

Re: Mixed Use Tower (former Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

TyQZKo4.png

Re: Mixed Use Tower (former Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

Some detail from article:

Developer: Rafi Properties

Proposed height: 305 Feet / 30 Stories

Lot size: 3,648-square-foot parcel

Project architect: ADD Inc./Stantec’s

Uses: 94 residential units on the top 26 floors. The bottom four floors would include restauraunt and “collaborative workspace uses,” including co-working and business incubator space.

Notes: design includes retaining the existing four-story facade and building a modern glass and zinc tower on the 26 stories above the base.

It's like the lovechild of 45 Stuart and 22 Liberty. But bent.

That is slim & sexy. Love it.

If I remember correctly, the façade is worth keeping too.
So, win/win? Sounds like it.
ADD Inc. seems to have some juice left after the acquisition. Hopefully, they do this right.

I was curious and modeled this in Google Earth - not nearly as prominent as it looks in the render. Its going to get dominated by the Millennium buildings next to it.

Not complaining. New people = more vitality. That's just a very misleading render, is all.

Façade from photo in article. Anyone know the history of the building? Given the area, was it a theater at some point?

9pUtc3R.png

That stretch of Washington Street gets better and better.

They need to build on top (or replace) the Lafayette building though. Another 1 or 2 500 footers to go with the Millenium Place towers.

Preservation and a sleek little brother for both Milleniums.

It's like the lovechild of 45 Stuart and 22 Liberty. But bent.

Hah, I was just trying to figure out what building it reminded me of.

A lot of the buildings going up with full balconies have been condos, not rentals. Probably too early for anything specific since this is just an LOI filing.

It looks nice - I want to stay optimistic as long as possible about the height, shadows on the Common be damned...

That is fantastic.

Wish we could get a few of these sprinkled around the outer neighborhoods...

My major concern would be that this development cycle is getting a little long in the tooth and they may be just a little late to the game?

GO home Rafi, you're drunk.

Not a fan, John?

Hah, I was just trying to figure out what building it reminded me of.

A lot of the buildings going up with full balconies have been condos, not rentals. Probably too early for anything specific since this is just an LOI filing.

It looks nice - I want to stay optimistic as long as possible about the height, shadows on the Common be damned...

I wouldn't be terribly concerned. It barely clears the enormous wall behind it (not sure what the official name of that building is).

Just when I thought things couldn't get any better this glass surprise pops in from left field!

I wouldn't be terribly concerned. It barely clears the enormous wall behind it (not sure what the official name of that building is).

Oh! I hadn't noticed they had digitally removed it as well as a portion of the Bijou! It's 151 Tremont or Tremont on the Common as I guess they call themselves - I have a friend who lives on this side of the building and I totally forgot about it. You're right - 151 Tremont is 28 floors if I'm remembering correctly.

More glass and less cheap looking stuff like most of the other towers built recently in that area.

Back