Chelsea Infill and Small Developments

Yes, the development project is slated to have 625 units with some retail space on the Everett Ave side (at least that was initially discussed).

Drug maker Acorda is expanding its footprint in Chelsea after it got fed. Approval of a new drug:

www.chelsearecord.com/2018/03/30/acorda-therapeutics-looks-at-major-expansion-on-everett-avenue/amp/

Rumor has it that the proposed high-end hotel on Second street (behind market basket) was approved though I haven’t seen any documentation on it.

Also one of the existing Hotels (Double Tree I think) plans on filing for an expansion.

Fairfields Residential:
Noticed cranes moving in and steel flying at the work site this week.

That hotel on Second street.....
48888215262_f6f3f91037_b.jpg

derivative of the famous Hotel Kruiz in Krasnoyarsk?

fasad_1__P.jpg

Wow - this thing looks great! https://www.payette.com/project/chelseasoldiers/
Located atop Chelsea’s iconic Powder Horn Hill, the Community Living Center is a long-term care facility for the Commonwealth’s veterans. Designed to harness panoramic views of downtown Boston and the harbor, the transformative new facility will have 154 private rooms organized around shared community spaces and surrounded by generous courtyards. The nearby Quigley Building will be demolished when the new center opens, enabling development of the full seven-acre site into an accessible landscape and restoration of the adjacent Malone Park as a public amenity.
1572626489110.png

I didn't even know they knocked down the tower...
1572626592479.png

No. Chelsea will be the name of the transfer station at Mystic Mall, and Bellingham Sq will be the name for the Silver Line stop near Bellingham Sq.

So downtown "Chelsea Station" will be renamed to "Bellingham Sq Station" and the Commuter rail and Silver line station will change to "Chelsea Station" instead of SL being "Mystic Mall Station?"

That map makes no sense unless it's pre stations renaming.

Back