Circle Cinema Redevelopment | Cleveland Circle | Brighton

The old Circle Cinema sign is back on top of the building. I saw pictures floating around Twitter last week

From a car last week.

36907931670_46785dbedc_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

That's really quite good, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the ground floor uses are supposed to be. The park-facing side with the large glass bays looks like it wants to be retail but the narrow sidewalk and railing say otherwise, and then what I thought would've been a landscaped courtyard instead looks more like an Allston parking lot/alley combo. Just add some utility poles and voila.

Same here. And the development turned out really good. Very happy about this.

It blows my mind that this came out as well as the renders had it looking.

That's really quite good, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the ground floor uses are supposed to be. The park-facing side with the large glass bays looks like it wants to be retail but the narrow sidewalk and railing say otherwise, and then what I thought would've been a landscaped courtyard instead looks more like an Allston parking lot/alley combo. Just add some utility poles and voila.

Maybe Maryann's can re-open up there. Really class up the place.

reopen? maryann's is still open and doing fine.

or do you mean relocate to here?

reopen? maryann's is still open and doing fine.

or do you mean relocate to here?

Oh for some reason I had thought it was closed... or should be closed. I mean relocate there and go wicked upscale...

Just kidding. Long live Maryann's!

Did they seriously put the movie theater back in there? :confused:

Did they seriously put the movie theater back in there? :confused:

No.

But recycling that sign and pointing it right towards the circle is pure genius.

More developments should do little touches like that to promote a sense of place. This is a big win for Cleveland Circle, a place that has been hitting well below its potential for a few decades now. There's alot of money in that area and it should never have looked like downtown Mogadishu. Hopefully this is the first step into turning that place into the jewel it should be.

The big question now: is there lighting for that sign at night?

Odurandina is resurrecting the Ground Round business and re-opening in the ground-level retail. My construction firm will be GC.

Looks like the Applebee's restaurant is gone also.

the juxtaposition of the Victorian vintage clock and Pop-Art Moderne "Circle" sign is damn compelling--nice framing!

Thanks! Credit that red light for any and all compositional skills on that shot ;)

Back