Columbus Center: RIP | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Columbus Center

The vision: Massachusetts Turnpike proposal to cover highway from Brookline to Chinatown, Year 2000

mass_pike_proposal_sm.png

For a larger, full-sized image, click here:

http://johnakeithrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/mass_pike_proposal.png

I wonder if Ned Flaherty throws darts at that.

Does make you wonder how they would handle all the diesel train and motor vehicle exhaust though!

^ Well, how do they handle all that at the Big Dig?

I'd love to believe that we get towers at parcels 22+23 but somehow I doubt it...

I wonder if Ned Flaherty throws darts at that.

For his next targeted assault on growth in the city?

Great ULI panel last night discussing city waterfronts. A planner from Vancouver discussed the importance of strategic density in a CITY. That's right a CITY. Last I heard Boston was a CITY and you had to head out of the CITY to experience suburban life.

^ I guess the question was rhetorical.

And a little inarticulate on my part.

And I think in general they did a good job with the vent shafts. They'renot eyesores, though they're probably another reason the Big Dig was overbudget.

(I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of people with actual architectural training/backgrounds).

No background. But the only one that isn't an eyesore is surrounded by the Intercontinental Hotel.

^^ That makes it sound more interesting than it really is.

Paramecium? Blancmange? Anyway, Russia Wharf frames and contains it nicely. Maybe that was the plan all along.

I think Ned was asked to weigh in on the poisonous gases trapped underground by the Big Dig before, but declined to comment before his head exploded.

^ Well, how do they handle all that at the Big Dig?

DA PEEPLES are all DED on the GRAINWay b/C old uNKLE sas SMOKES from aUTOs. THEN OLD uNKLE throws cigARRETE at me. DO YOU see PEEPELs on the GrainWAY !!! ??? PaSSersbyes saw only a wisp of smoke from chimney and continue !!!

See: bb is actually Waldorf!

A chameleon: hey Waldorf, weren't you once Cobalt or someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back