Copley Place Expansion and Tower | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Copley Place plan calls for condo tower

I'm betting it's a decrease to 569 feet!!!

Nothing better than seeing the dancing banana in aB. :)

Did I wake up in an alternate universe or something? 4 projects now that are gaining some traction that are all over 600 ft? Did someone spike that dirty water? :)

Did I wake up in an alternate universe or something? 4 projects now that are gaining some traction that are all over 600 ft? Did someone spike that dirty water? :)

Menino only has weeks left to get these projects on his scorecard. I'm sure developers are worried that the next mayor could
be very very anti development.

Last edited:

Menino only has weeks left to get these projects on his scorecard. I'm sure developers are worried that the next mayor coiled be very very anti development.

Oddly enough, I know nothing about any of the dozen candidates' positions on development/the BRA. Are they known? I figured they're all niche candidates for their own pet issues, and aren't talking much about anything else.

Wow I can't believe it's been 5 years. It feels like it was only a couple of years ago when the rendering was released.

^Try turning 60...and realizing you'll finally be viewing almost anything proposed today from wobbly senior citizen legs!

Hopefully, Simon is going to update the mall as well. The Neiman Marcus is supposed expand as part of the project, but the mall with all of its salmon colored marble, brass railings and octagonal shapes just scream late 1980's - hardly an upscale mall look.

Hopefully, Simon is going to update the mall as well. The Neiman Marcus is supposed expand as part of the project, but the mall with all of its salmon colored marble, brass railings and octagonal shapes just scream late 1980's - hardly an upscale mall look.
It's not just Neiman Marcus that will be expanded. The mall itself will gain a new winter garden and extension of the mallway. Because of this, they will essentially have to renovate the mall and bring it up to par with the addition. Otherwise, it would be ridiculously awkward interior design.

Simon has overhauled all of their area malls except Copley Place. I've suspected that they have been holding off on it in anticipation of this project. The Boston Marriott: Copley Place has been completely renovated with no trace of the pink marble and brass to be found (elevators are finally finished while the lobby was finished last year). It would be nice if they carried the contemporary theme into the mall.

Will the expansion abut closer to the Dartmouth/Huntington intersection, with the little plaza being consumed?

115,000 sq. feet of new retail/restaurant space!! That's huge in spite of the fact that Neiman's will probably eat up most of it! Still, great news for the city and for the neighborhood!

Huh! I never realized buildings in Boston could be revised to be taller, and now it's happened twice in a week!

Is 625' taller than the original proposal?

As far as I recall, no. I believe the 569' figure being thrown around is the highest occupied floor. 625' takes the crown and/or mechanical floors into account.

I think they were trying to say the revised proposal is going to be taller than the original proposal which I believe was 625'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back