Copley Place Expansion and Tower | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is basically just political name calling, but to say that conservatives are in favor of change and progressives want everything the same demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of both history and the etymology of the words.

I think he was being a tad sarcastic
2637602-00ddce11eb42d72fd22ab4b7d9875eea4419fd39916dbe8dd946dfe8558ec180.jpg

Sarcasm is generally hard to read on the internet. My apologies.

Damn it, I was hoping there was some Monday afternoon news that the BRA had sorted out the issue and was going to approve it.

It is boggling to me that this tower still hasn't been build. I was still living in Boston when this tower was announced in 2006, I figured this thing would be done by now.

This and the South Station Tower are really taking forever. I cant believe with all the activity going on around the city that the SST hasnt come out of the woodwork yet.

This and the South Station Tower are really taking forever. I cant believe with all the activity going on around the city that the SST hasnt come out of the woodwork yet.

SST not going to happen unless and until the sale of the USPS facility is settled

I find it ridiculous that for 20 years under Menino there was very few skyscrapers projects being pushed through. Then in his last year he fires out like 10 probably after reflecting on his legacy. For whatever reason the democrats of boston hold these developers by the balls and if you don't meet their absurd guidelines the project won't get built. This is different from pretty much every other major democratic cities.

I can't help but wonder that Boston is still in this post-steamrolling-urban-renewal stupor; moreover that the balance of power has gone too far on the scale of democratic to the point where any objection merits pause and consideration.

Maybe, as we've postulated, this is just the BRA trying to show consideration to the neighbours to placate them before they finally approve the project.

I'm just waiting for the day that the people who no longer fear (all) developers as large, greedy, corporations looking to make a quick buck are no longer in the majority of people who comprise these neighbourhood associations/councils...or maybe my assumption is flawed in thinking that people under 50 generally are okay with development while pensioners are not...

I find it ridiculous that for 20 years under Menino there was very few skyscrapers projects being pushed through. Then in his last year he fires out like 10 probably after reflecting on his legacy. For whatever reason the democrats of boston hold these developers by the balls and if you don't meet their absurd guidelines the project won't get built. This is different from pretty much every other major democratic cities.

So with an N=1, you make some wildly generalized conclusion. This isn't a personal attack, but a representation of fact when I say, that's an utterly fucking stupid comment.

Last edited:
Mr. underground if my statement is so wildly incorrect why don't you mention some of these facts instead of being a donkey.

Man, Arch21, you're really a one trick pony (mastodon?). Be of whatever political flavor you want, but you've waded way off into the partisan fever swamps if every post you make includes digs at your political opponents.

It makes you sound like someone who gets into pissing matches at bostonglobe.com...

Man, Arch21, you're really a one trick pony (mastodon?). Be of whatever political flavor you want, but you've waded way off into the partisan fever swamps if every post you make includes digs at your political opponents.

It makes you sound like someone who gets into pissing matches at bostonglobe.com...

Heres a timeline. the First sign of development was 2007 that's 14 years after he becomes mayor. That's sad no matter what party you are. I don't go on this forum for commentary. I go on here for status updates, links and pictures. There is only so many times you can read how shiny a building is.
http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/about-us/timeline

Heres a timeline. the First sign of development was 2007 that's 14 years after he becomes mayor. That's sad no matter what party you are. I don't go on this forum for commentary. I go on here for status updates, links and pictures. There is only so many times you can read how shiny a building is.
http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/about-us/timeline

I, personally, find that the number of times I can read about how a shiny a building is is nearly limitless.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back