Downtown Crossing/Financial District | Discussion

So they essentially trashed 150-152 State Street, eh?

That's just ... barbaric.

What developer and 'architect' were behind this hit-and-run?

How sad. I loved that little State Street building. It was a whimsical little cottage in the middle of the city. F-that developer.

Lunchtime Thursday

41009976705_e130d77738_b.jpg

27040286567_741e9385a7_b.jpg

... didnt they already do that to 99 high a few years back? Maybe they just did one side and now they are doing the other

The brighter panels on the upper floors are the new ones. Not sure they replaced material on those columns when they did the refresh.

I feel like there could be a whole separate thread on existing building lobby renovations - there have been a bunch in the past couple of years and several underway now.

It's hard to see behind the scaffolding and wrap, but the granite facade has been removed from the old Barnes and Nobles building. It's now down to uneven brick and mortar, due to become glass.

... didnt they already do that to 99 high a few years back? Maybe they just did one side and now they are doing the other

They replaced all the windows with green tinted glass and replaced the bottom columns that where white they’re now replacing them again along with the lobby

It'll be interesting to see what happens to DTX with the overall downturn in retail shopping. I would be happy for it to turn into some entertainment zone with good bars and restaurants.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to DTX with the overall downturn in retail shopping. I would be happy for it to turn into some entertainment zone with good bars and restaurants.

This has always been my vision for it. Back before the Combat Zone was obliterated, I pictured a transition along Washington from strip club to cabaret to live music/theater, then restaurants and pubs further down. Could still happen.

I used to work a few buildings down from here, storefront was always a little bleak, glad this got an upgrade. its a beautiful building otherwise. I also hope that they put back some new copper at the bottom of the mansard portion

Huge improvement. Anyone know the story on the corner column? Was it burried in there? Recovered from somewhere else? Doesn't seem to fit, but I'm not complaining.

Back