Downtown Crossing/Financial District | Discussion

Here's one with the top of the second floor:

TmHRrZa.jpg

High res image at src: https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/search/commonwealth:xp68kn69t

Ouch.

Some pretty intense gutting/renovation happening at the corner of Washington and Milk Street..

9Sei5Z2.jpg

From Milk Street:
IEO4Qbm.jpg

From Washington Street:
Bkavbzi.jpg

"Bus Stop in front of property" was eliminated over two years ago.. 92-93 no longer loop Downtown Crossing.

As always Beeline, your pictures are much appreciated, Jeez your pics even make the TJ Maxx/Parking garage building look photogenic....

So Liberty Travel moved out of their newish built-to-suit location on Washington St??

So Liberty Travel moved out of their newish built-to-suit location on Washington St??

ooooo, maybe that building will get torn down and something 6-7 stories higher put in its' place?

Unreal. They spent a TON (or the landlord did) rehabbing that building for Liberty Travel maybe 4-5 years ago. It was a colossal waste of money at the time for a travel agency, a dying industry in my opinion. I even remember thinking at the time it opened that it would be a miracle of Liberty lasted 5 full years in the space.

It was a colossal waste of money at the time for a travel agency, a dying industry in my opinion.

Perhaps dying for ordinary people but travel agencies are big business for actual business travelers. Both of my bosses just call up their guy when they need to travel and give him dates and times where they need to be places and they have air/rail tickets and hotels taken care for them.

Perhaps dying for ordinary people but travel agencies are big business for actual business travelers. Both of my bosses just call up their guy when they need to travel and give him dates and times where they need to be places and they have air/rail tickets and hotels taken care for them.

I'm sure that does happen at some companies, but in my experience a lot of it is taken care of internally by the company's secretarial staff.

Seems like a waste when in-house admin staff could do the same thing.

Regardless of long-term structural changes to the travel industry, that building's had at least 3 owners in 3 years [per Suffolk Registry]. When the DTX market's that frothy... well... does it really matter what industry that particular tenant happens to ply its trade in?

I'm sure that does happen at some companies, but in my experience a lot of it is taken care of internally by the company's secretarial staff.

Seems like a waste when in-house admin staff could do the same thing.

What admin staff? It's a 7 person tech startup. Nobody has any time for doing this kind of pointless stuff and it's cheaper to contract it out rather than hire someone to handle internally. This is a scenario that plays out all over Boston and any other startup hub.

Haven't been to Boston in a year and I was wondering about Downtown Crossing. With the completion of Millennium Tower and some new businesses moving in, is DTX a busier place these days?

Haven't been to Boston in a year and I was wondering about Downtown Crossing. With the completion of Millennium Tower and some new businesses moving in, is DTX a busier place these days?

Definitely busier. Also you can see ongoing investment in the rehab of older building stock; more retail spaces, more restaurants....

Back