Downtown Crossing/Financial District | Discussion

Those seedy pictures remind you how far this area has come in only about 30 years. I'd say those are rapid changes for an entire city area.

The last renovation 'hacked' it?!? Did you remember what it looked like before the Registry moved in? A dump!
4194625549_60217eacb7.jpg

The building was beautiful. It was just in bad repair.

I'm confused, the building is just being sold. It was gut renovated and converted to luxury apartments a few years back so unless someone is going to come in and buy for $40M only to completely renovate it - it will stay as housing.

yeah, I mean, I don't even see a modernize and convert to condos as a possibility. This will just go into an investment portfolio as is, likely of a large REIT.

Those seedy pictures remind you how far this area has come in only about 30 years. I'd say those are rapid changes for an entire city area.

One blandly bureacratic measure of said rapid change, that I've been quoted (not sure how to verify but sounds about right) is that the Combat Zone had 35 licensed strip clubs in the early 1980s... and of course there are now just 2 today (or 1? I never understood if Centerfolds & Glass Slipper were truly separately licensed entities, or just different brandings of the same licensee?)

One blandly bureacratic measure of said rapid change, that I've been quoted (not sure how to verify but sounds about right) is that the Combat Zone had 35 licensed strip clubs in the early 1980s... and of course there are now just 2 today (or 1? I never understood if Centerfolds & Glass Slipper were truly separately licensed entities, or just different brandings of the same licensee?)

I've never actually been in either, but knowing former employees I can say they're separate.

yeah, I mean, I don't even see a modernize and convert to condos as a possibility. This will just go into an investment portfolio as is, likely of a large REIT.

I agree to a point but this most likely will not be bought by a REIT, too small for their portfolios and not a large enough $$ amount for them. This will probably be bought by some local company that already has or is looking to get a presence in downtown.

^^^
A friend tells me that they are getting rid of the awning in front of the building.

Back