Doyles | 3484 Washington st | Jamaica Plain

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
"Doyle's, beloved Boston bar, to be updated and restored under new plan"

doyles-rendering*xx2349-1566-378-0.jpg

"Watermark Development has the old Doyle's property at 3484 Washington St. under agreement, and plan to build a mixed-use building on the roughly 25,000 square foot lot....."
Link

Yuppie Doyle's.

Just pick a new name and stop pretending this is anything but a slap in the face of the entire neighborhood.

Yuppie Doyle's.

Just pick a new name and stop pretending this is anything but a slap in the face of the entire neighborhood.
I don’t have an issue with keeping the name. I agree regarding the yuppiefication of the neighborhood

This is really exciting. IMO Brassica managing the Doyle's space is about as good of an outcome as you can get, short of the original owners coming back. And the grocery store is a huge win for the immediate area. I hope this gets approved ASAP.

JP is where projects go to die, but this one is great

It worked before. Must have deleted it.

I picture the basement stockroom situation freeing up a lot of space, but it will still likely resemble a specialty market in size and variety.
I did a probably inaccurate estimate of my smallish neighborhood grocery, and it's almost twice the size.

To add one data point: I live above a slightly upscale 2,500 SF bodega in Brooklyn. I'm not a big cook, but that bodega almost exclusively provided me my groceries throughout the pandemic. It has all of the produce, meats, and dry goods needed for the simpler 80% of home cooked meals. I presume many of my neighbors do the same.

Back