East Boston Infill and Small Developments

How is that "garage" legal?

28795036167_bb2b35d673_b.jpg

^ From the lawyer representing the developer, this proposal will only be six stories. Curbed ran with an earlier design than what will actually be proposed.

^ From the lawyer representing the developer, this proposal will only be six stories. Curbed ran with an earlier design than what will actually be proposed.

Shame. It would be nice to see the squares in East Boston get some placemaking with taller buildings.

As long as the design ethos and materials elevate the existing context and the site is walkable to transit, I absolutely agree. In many parts of the neighborhood, better traffic planning needs to happen concurrent to a top-down revision of our archaic zoning. I also hope the city pushes for a higher percentage of affordable units (up to 35%) and incentives to developers to place sharable vehicles onsite to offset reduced parking counts.

Lol nice garages. Even if those are tandem, youre essentially just exchanging two onstreet spaces for two off street spaces for each garage, because of the spacing of the curb cuts

Lol nice garages. Even if those are tandem, youre essentially just exchanging two onstreet spaces for two off street spaces for each garage, because of the spacing of the curb cuts

Well if you have that garage you get to have your guests block you in and street park so thats nice.... for them

This infill is reminiscent of a lot of the infill going in Southie. I wonder, do these spaces have similar zoning ordinances or something common between them to get this kind of development?

Which is the most baffling thing.

I guess the idea is that parking enforcers don't have to start knocking on doors to ask if that car is "allowed" to be there? I can't think of any other reason for that to be on the books.

Trying to find parking in the evening in any part of Boston is a complete nightmare!!

Thanks for the update.

How is traffic during rush hour?

Back