Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Dancin' bananas.

Wow, this one slipped under my radar. This looks like it will add some real density to the area. If I was on the BRA, I would have approved it just because of the Haagen Dazs store in one of the renderings.

Where exactly is this development? I saw on page 3 the street names, but it is all fuzzy for me. Is it closer to the canal or the Renaissance Hotel / John Hancock building?

Wow, this one slipped under my radar. This looks like it will add some real density to the area. If I was on the BRA, I would have approved it just because of the Haagen Dazs store in one of the renderings.

Where exactly is this development? I saw on page 3 the street names, but it is all fuzzy for me. Is it closer to the canal or the Renaissance Hotel / John Hancock building?

It's at seaport & B

The big parking lot next to Rosa Mexicano across from Whiskey Priest.

At $864 million, it would be among the most expensive construction projects in Boston’s current building boom. Still, developers from Los Angeles-based Cottonwood Management said they’re confident there will be demand when the units start to open in three years, even at the lofty prices such an expensive building would probably need to command.

M1%20M2%20Seaport%20West.jpg

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...YEI/story.html?p1=Article_Related_Box_Article

Parking lot is still operational as of 10/3/16, but there have been 1-2 small "crawler" cranes in the lot. Not sure if this is a sign that things are beginning?

Groundbreaking may be occurring very soon. They're building a large tent/event structure in the lot.

You're right, it's happening! check out the Fan Pier cam you can see it on the panoramic view.

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/turner/fanpier/

That would be awesome, but I am not so sure actually - that cranes looks very much like L2 crane before they put in a stationary one. I am suspecting Skanska just uses a portion of this parking lot for storage. Hope I am wrong...

I figured the cranes had something to do with the Skanska project but why is the tent there?

From what I remember this has a looong time until complete I think 4 years. Dont quote me but I know its a while. Dont get too excited yet.

quoting this from page 3

Public meeting held at District Hall last night. The developers tentative schedule looks to be as followed:

"File for building permits for M1 and M2 over summer 2016. Foundation work is anticipated to commence in October 2016 with construction of slurry walls. Foundation excavations and site work would be completed by September 2017. Ground floors of M1 and M2 would be completed by February 2018, with full project completion by August 2019."​

Check out the following page for more details regarding last night's meeting! http://www.bldup.com/projects/seaport-parcels-m1-m2

Well, I certainly hope this is happening. This has a chance of being the best development in the Seaport thus far. I love the design, so as always it will come down to materials. It's all about materials these days, isn't it? Makes or breaks almost every single project.

Public meeting held at District Hall last night. The developers tentative schedule looks to be as followed:

"File for building permits for M1 and M2 over summer 2016. Foundation work is anticipated to commence in October 2016 with construction of slurry walls. Foundation excavations and site work would be completed by September 2017. Ground floors of M1 and M2 would be completed by February 2018, with full project completion by August 2019."​

Looks like this is progressing on schedule.

I walked by at lunch - they are setting up an event today... here's what's unusual...

There is a large "M" logo on the backdrop, and then everything is in Chinese. The whole backdrop is full of Chinese.

So it could be announcing a new partnership/money source and not a full-on 'ground-breaking' - or both - or who knows.

Their communications and messaging hasn't been very professional to date, they're missing out on PR opportunities if today really is the ground-breaking.

Also, I should point out that my company has leased overflow parking spaces on these lots for our more junior employees and we haven't heard anything about eliminating these spaces any time soon, although it's possible they are just shifting them around to the lot across the street (behind PWC).

I walked by at lunch - they are setting up an event today... here's what's unusual...

There is a large "M" logo on the backdrop, and then everything is in Chinese. The whole backdrop is full of Chinese.

So it could be announcing a new partnership/money source and not a full-on 'ground-breaking' - or both - or who knows.

Their communications and messaging hasn't been very professional to date, they're missing out on PR opportunities if today really is the ground-breaking.

Also, I should point out that my company has leased overflow parking spaces on these lots for our more junior employees and we haven't heard anything about eliminating these spaces any time soon, although it's possible they are just shifting them around to the lot across the street (behind PWC).

Mike -- it just might have to do with the Developer's ancestry and FengSHui

here's a quote from Buildup -- with my highlights in BOLD

Cottonwood is preparing for a momentous few months with the groundbreaking of our first development project in Boston. Ed and Mike’s expertise is invaluable as we look to create a state-of-the-art residential community experience reflective of the Seaport District’s dynamic, innovative spirit,” says Alexander Shing, Chairman and CEO of Cottonwood Management Group.

Vydra and Schumacher have extensive backgrounds in commercial real estate (CRE). Vyrda previously served as a Managing Director at Taurus Investment Holdings and has also worked with Lend Lease Real Estate Investments, WS Development and CareMatrix. Schumacher previously held a 19-year tenure at Boston Properties, most recently serving as Vice President of Construction.

Looks like Chinese Money [laundering ;) ] and US solid development expertise :D

the mystery tent is gone, parking lot back to normal

RiPQbN3.png

Regent Hotels & Resorts is partnered with Cottonwood in developing this. For them, this is their big re-entry into the north American market. They are a Taiwanese company, and thus speak/write Chinese. If you can read any Chinese though you could tell they're Taiwanese by their use of traditional Chinese characters.

Back