Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq. | Seaport

I think its funny because the word just means "rank" and does not connote a high or low rank. Could be either.

cca

Or in Military speak:

A formation of troops, ships, aircraft, or vehicles in parallel rows with the end of each row projecting further than the one in front.

‘the regiment lined up shoulder to shoulder in three tight echelons’
mass noun ‘there are two planes, lying in echelon with one another’

Those renders are really well done, someone is talented...

Are these going to be the tallest buildings in the seaport?

I rarely feel this way, but, this looks unequivocally awesome

Those renders are really well done, someone is talented...

Are these going to be the tallest buildings in the seaport?

They may be the tallest by a few feet but everything is around 250' - 260'

Or in Military speak:

A formation of troops, ships, aircraft, or vehicles in parallel rows with the end of each row projecting further than the one in front.

Awesome ... a great name for a building by any definition.

cca

(sarcasm)

These look unreal.

Or in Military speak:

Bingo. Describes this development to a tee. Thanks!

Awesome ... a great name for a building by any definition.

cca

(sarcasm)

Actually, that definition is highly accurate & appropriate for this development. The massing of the towers indeed protrudes further in front of the others just as the definition states.

^^^
Echelon might fit this time (questionable) - but it's not just a name for this development.
It's a name for their brand:

"Cottonwood Management’s $900 million-plus, three-tower development in the Seaport District will be the first bearing the name and aesthetics of its new Echelon luxury lifestyle brand."

^^^
Echelon might fit this time (questionable) - but it's not just a name for this development.
It's a name for their brand:

"Cottonwood Management’s $900 million-plus, three-tower development in the Seaport District will be the first bearing the name and aesthetics of its new Echelon luxury lifestyle brand."

Ah ...

I just think these "branded" buildings are silly. Seems like it works as a marketing technique but there is lots of effective stuff in the world that I don't like that seems to please others.

a small list ...

• Car commercials where the car is sliding sideways
  • creative spelling in company or product name : Krispy Kreme
  • That circle camera thing they do in movies when the two people finally kiss ... erp
  • Buildings that have names like Vox, Radius, Swerve, Shard ... I mean .. its just another "Deer Run" ...right?
  • The taste of any food that comes from the ocean (I know ..right?)

Last edited:

It reminds me a lot of CityCenterDC

• creative spelling in company or product name : Krispy Kreme

This is done so that trademarks can be granted. You can't trademark, say, "Lift" because it's a generic term (sometimes used to mean "a ride in another person's vehicle"). You can trademark "Lyft", however, because it's a unique identifier associated with only one party. Or something like that, I'm not a lawyer...

It reminds me a lot of CityCenterDC

I thought the exact same thing. The one time I was at CityCenterDC I found it to be pretty dead (granted it was in winter). A bunch of luxury retailers with nobody out-and-about.

Hopefully that doesn't happen here.

""I thought the exact same thing. The one time I was at CityCenterDC I found it to be pretty dead (granted it was in winter). A bunch of luxury retailers with nobody out-and-about. Hopefully that doesn't happen here.""

Very interesting comparison, certainly looks similar on Google maps. Does anyone know if the DC development is a success?

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2017/06/upper_echelon_deal_for_seaport

061317echelon001.jpg

Usually, renders would just have generic, abstract, non-existent retail brand names as placeholders. The exception is when an actual retailer/tenant is already known (like how Icon Theater's logo was shown in renders of Seaport Square). Is this indication that Ostra plans to be opening up a location here? It seems oddly specific. If so, nice!

Usually, renders would just have generic, abstract, non-existent retail brand names as placeholders. The exception is when an actual retailer/tenant is already known (like how Icon Theater's logo was shown in renders of Seaport Square). Is this indication that Ostra plans to be opening up a location here? It seems oddly specific. If so, nice!

Ostra is also "oyster" in Spanish. I'm not sure that this is intentional...

Bingo. Describes this development to a tee. Thanks!

Actually, that definition is highly accurate & appropriate for this development. The massing of the towers indeed protrudes further in front of the others just as the definition states.

In Marine speak, everyone get nut to butt were going to break this down barney style and if anyone of you fuckbags find a way to screw this up, well then....stand the fuck by to stand the fuck by.

This with the new seaport square godsend next door and pier 4 across the street, oh yea and that new 'iconic" tower going up next to 1 seaport square, lets see here...parcel k, waterside phase 2, etc etc etc....... Everything is getting better, everything is filling in the gaps, and everything is addressing the needs of the public. Still waiting on a school and library, but they're coming. Just driving down here now is already a sigh of relief wen you get here because you know its easy grid like traffic with new paved roads and your basically out of the clusterfuck now that your here. Every single cute girl I know has a picture of her at the lawn on D somewhere on her Facebook, small simple things like that can pay huge dividends for getting free publicity. Its almost become a night life status symbol to have a picture here.

Dare I say this is going to be one of the better "downtown-esque" neighborhoods when done? Time will tell. Id already rather go here than in the middle of nowhere downtown tbh.

Those renders are accurate to what has been seen so far, looks like this is the plan. I love how it is going to connect to the dev. across the street as well as sending you towards pier 4 on the other side. Very well thought of development right here that is going to be a huge success. Then the path just so happens to send you to the absolutely incredible parcels in seaport square across the st with the public square/court yard. Its incredible architecture but whats going to be its greatest accomplishment is how it interconnects the pieces around it next door.

Dare I say this is going to be one of the better "downtown-esque" neighborhoods when done? Time will tell. Id already rather go here than in the middle of nowhere downtown tbh.

So true...although I'd much rather work in the middle of nowhere downtown anyday.

Anyone know if this development is getting a grocery store ?

Lastly, Ostra is part of a group of restaurants (sorrelina, mistral, moo) and none have the same name so if they were to open another spot I would assume a fresh concept.

look at how much freaking retail is included in this development.

So true...although I'd much rather work in the middle of nowhere downtown anyday.

True but depending on if I landed a gig in one of the future towers abutting summer st thats probably an 8 minute walk to south station. Those two towers are going to have very good transit access and a few around them, the farther you go though the more you can tack onto your walk from a transit option.

This with the new seaport square godsend next door and pier 4 across the street, oh yea and that new 'iconic" tower going up next to 1 seaport square, lets see here...parcel k, waterside phase 2, etc etc etc....... Everything is getting better, everything is filling in the gaps, and everything is addressing the needs of the public. Still waiting on a school and library, but they're coming. Just driving down here now is already a sigh of relief wen you get here because you know its easy grid like traffic with new paved roads and your basically out of the clusterfuck now that your here. Every single cute girl I know has a picture of her at the lawn on D somewhere on her Facebook, small simple things like that can pay huge dividends for getting free publicity. Its almost become a night life status symbol to have a picture here.

They are? Where?

Theres no set plan yet or developer, just a masterplan with goals, ideas, and a guideline, but the grocery store is probably next and the library off in the future.

Anyways, this looks absolutely incredible and is going to be a major capstone piece on seaport blvd. Its going to feel like a real downtown city street after one of the final gaps is filled in. Extremely excited.

I deployed to japan for 7 months and this reminds me of the streets there a lot. In American cities the retail is on the main streets and the alley ways are for trash, utilities...etc. In Japan the alley ways and back sides of buildings have restaurants in them as well, and everywhere you go there are vending machines. That part is off topic but no joke they have a ton of vending machines, you could be walking down some train tracks and come upon one with cold ice cream, cigarettes, and a coffee....literally in the middle of nowhere. Anyways though the way the retail is off the main road and tucked in the court yard between the buildings is a nice "worldly" touch and reminds me of my time there where every space is utilized.

Back