Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Maybe, but 1) this is really pricey space for a supermarket or gym and 2) previous analysis in several threads has pointed out that even with full buildout the Seaport is probably light on population to support a supermarket.

Meh. Something like trader Joe's would attract not just seaport residents but Southie ones too.

Meh. Something like trader Joe's would attract not just seaport residents but Southie ones too.

Trader Joe's is about the right scale for Seaport. I don't think it qualifies as a supermarket. They are pretty dense inside also, so survive in high rent districts.

^^^^
I see. Thank you.

It will eventually

Trader Joe's is about the right scale for Seaport. I don't think it qualifies as a supermarket. They are pretty dense inside also, so survive in high rent districts.

There's a TJ's going into 13,000 square feet in Allston, in that new apartment building over by Harvard Stadium.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...tch-allston/wf1M5dR0rYdQopXj3LR1WI/story.html

You'd think WS could find 13K square feet for them in Seaport Square somewhere, and you'd think it would do tremendous business.

^ They'll probably do tremendously yuge business with Jyna.

Thanks.

I'm so confused by this project. Is there underground parking? Did they already build it?

They seem to have been doing site prep for half a year but I don't know what they were doing.

John, there will be underground parking. No the parking has not been built yet. They are putting in slurry walls currently. Once that is completed then they should start diging out the underground parking/basement area.

This one also has to dodge the Silver Line tunnel, so the underground works ought to be extra interesting.

Hard to believe this is an 900 Million Project! Maybe its the cost of the parking. IDK

What had they been doing for the 6 months before the "groundbreaking"? If they are doing slurry walls now, what were they doing the last 6 months or so?

Hard to believe this is an 900 Million Project! Maybe its the cost of the parking. IDK

It is pretty enormous. But, yeah, it's 800-something units. So they'll be expensive.

Lot's of retail space to be leased as well.
Not all costs to be defrayed by the 800 units.

You think this development will break records for the number of tower cranes used for a single project in the city?

Back