Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Any predictions on how many cranes will go up for this project? Three buildings, six cranes? Or less? I believe One Seaport Square had four cranes. Within two years, this section of the Seaport will be transformed, with this development, the Pier 4 development, along with 399 Congress either finished or about ready to come on line and that doesn't include the transportation garage, phase II of Waterside Place, and the Convention Center Hotel!

i thought they're going up in phases.

Any predictions on how many cranes will go up for this project? Three buildings, six cranes? Or less? I believe One Seaport Square had four cranes. Within two years, this section of the Seaport will be transformed, with this development, the Pier 4 development, along with 399 Congress either finished or about ready to come on line and that doesn't include the transportation garage, phase II of Waterside Place, and the Convention Center Hotel!

Don't forget 150 Seaport, Whiskey Priest site, this area of the Seaport will be amazing in a few years!

Whats the timeline on this beauty?

I was over at the SEAPORT the other day checking out the Scorpion bar, club Grande, Kings which is the new hot spots in Boston.
We are talking about $60-$100 just to walk in the door to get in on a busy night to the Grande.
Not many Boston Locals come down to this area. Just way to expensive.
Race is not an issue. Its the halves vs the half nots.
Lots of Russian and Asian investors in this area.

What I have learned is the Seaport is the new Beverly Hills of the East Coast.
Nothing but rich and super rich people living in the area. Celebrities are pretty much going to the Grande along with athletes. Very hot spot right now.

The overall development plan for the entire Seaport
The Negatives
#1 It walled off the entire waterfront from the street level which creates no value for the public. Very Poor Planning. What happened to CHAP 91 in this area?
#2 No real public access to get to Seaport besides the Silverline bus or walking.
#3 There has been a lot of tax dollars poored into this area that only supported the original investors that owned or developed the properties. The public got screwed here.
#4 Also heard a Norwegian cruise ship will be parked in one of the docks so people can party on the ship this throughout the year.
#5 No real skyline
#6 Traffic is nightmare/Parking very expensive

The Positives.
#1 The architecture of some of the box buildings are not bad. The area will be vibrant in the summer because the money in this area is superior. Top of the tier. Very wealthy.
#2 The area architecture is not a bad complement to overall Boston in my opinion if we did not use so much of the public's tax dollars to enrich the developers.

Boston has truly changed at this point for good.

Property values are priceless in all the surrounding areas close to Boston.
All these people living on Section 8 or are living paycheck to paycheck with family will be forced to relocate to Worcester, New Bedford or Springfield in my opinion.
The Drugs are out of control thou in the area Cocaine is still the drug of comfort that's what I heard.

Also I heard Marty Walsh is a great guy. What I have heard is he is making deals with the developers to build in Boston to help fund programs that really help the city not like the way Menino was handling the development. Menino was more like what are you going to do for me. He is doing very good things.

From what I'm viewing when I go down to the area.

Last edited:

I was over at the SEAPORT the other day checking out the Scorpion bar, club Grande, Kings which is the new hot spots in Boston.

The Drugs are out of control thou in the area Cocaine is still the drug of comfort that's what I heard.

*Molly

The Negatives
#1 It walled off the entire waterfront from the street level which creates no value for the public. Very Poor Planning. What happened to CHAP 91 in this area?

The new waterfront parks are public accessible and excellent IMO. Probably one of my favorite spots in the city right now. Can't wait to see it once 50 Liberty is complete.

Also I heard Marty Walsh is a great guy. What I have heard is he is making deals with the developers to build in Boston to help fund programs that really help the city not like the way Menino was handling the development. Menino was more like what are you going to do for me. He is doing very good things.
[/QUOTE]

This is very true and we will hear more about it soon. Developers are being encouraged to be more philanthropic and mostly to great local charitable organizations. A big win-win for the neighborhood, the City and for the community, business and residential.

This is very true and we will hear more about it soon. Developers are being encouraged to be more philanthropic and mostly to great local charitable organizations. A big win-win for the neighborhood, the City and for the community, business and residential.[/QUOTE]

Pretty strange - by all reports Menino only shook down developers for neighborhood improvements (like basket ball courts/etc) and not for personal gain. Seem to remember his FBI files corroborating this.

Holy hell, four tower cranes. This + 399 Congress will really box in the remaining surface lots.

From 3/3:
4hkzZo5.jpg

nqMpeYh.jpg

M8zbPb4.jpg

gaqkKFF.jpg

v6BdzA1.jpg

9HvgdQU.jpg

Tiq7TiX.jpg

n2p0aUP.jpg

Back