Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Some pics...
I would absolutely love to have this view from my living room.

b2e4f101-6b0e-4e30-b029-51ad5594c820-jpeg.3134

I would absolutely love to have this view from my living room.

b2e4f101-6b0e-4e30-b029-51ad5594c820-jpeg.3134
Henry -- especially as an ABf for the next couple of years -- you've got the St. Regis Residences Tower to the left forward and just below and Fidelity's redo of Commonwealth Pier [once again] directly in front to the right -- you'd almost feel in the midst of the construction

Agreed, @whighlander that would be part of the attraction, but longer term, the harbor view with all the shipping and airport activity would be the draw for me.

That view won't exist in 12 months...

Exactly.. for units in this position especially, you could just picture how much of the water view will be obstructed by St. Regis.

Czervik -- my question -- how does the price on the same floor differ from looking out at the water to looking at well GE and the BCEC or perhaps the hole in the ground for Amazon?

If you look around at current or recently sold prices of other properties in the area and see the price difference between unobstructed (today and in the future) water view units and non-water view units, the term "million dollar views" could be applied quite literally, generally speaking.

@whighlander view will change everything on price as will floor height. I can only speak for my building, but South views are more expensive than North views and rent goes up about $10-12 per floor going up (which adds up when you have over 60 floors). In a short building like this, the jump will be more pronounced.

The long sleeper on views is 315 A. Unrestricted views in all directions.

Park Lane, although the oldest in Seaport, has the best unobstructed view and it will always stay unobstructed because of the Pavilion.

Hello my friends! As i had mentioned earlier, I am helping my colleague to move in here.
My first impression is that this place is still in the "under construction" mode. There are a whole bunch of amenities already up but there are a lot many more, that will be ready only in March. 3 pools, 5 restaurants, farmer's market, childcare etc, etc all in the spring and summer. As I am given to understand the amenities are spread across BOTH towers 1 & 2. So once Tower 2 gets done sometime this year, then everything will be up-to-date. Considering this background, the current rental rates are therefore on the lower side, I'm told.

Further, this development has NEVER advertised harbor views are their key selling feature. Coz a lot many units face south where there is NO harbor. And those that do face the harbor like this one (i.e NE direction) have upcoming developments and other existing buildings that block harbor views. It's the amenities that they highlight and they most certainly have A LOT of those!!! Their key selling point is TIME.
I remember the agent saying...Just imagine... morning quick swim after sweating it out in the gym, kids at childcare, walk to work, evening quick dinner, drop kids in the kids play area, drop pets in the pets area, indulge in your own spa appointment, have a spot of golf or chill in the Innovation Room or perhaps attend a wine tasting event in the wine room, get inspired in the experimental kitchen etc etc ....all in ONE day!
In the future, once this entire area gets done, i'm 100% sure this place will be very popular and the central open courtyard in this development is going to be a very happening place indeed!

Regarding quality of units: (I had mentioned in my earlier post) we had been to a few "luxury" developments earlier when my colleague was looking for a rental. I personally think, (inside a unit) the kitchen appliances and bathroom fittings, are the first "give aways" if the place is "luxury" of not. And i think this development is on par with the two Liberty's and Pier 4 that we saw. BUT, BUT, BUT, those other developments have comparatively larger sized units AND KILLER HARBOR VIEWS. Interestingly, the smaller units in those other developments don't have harbor views. But then the rental rates are still $$$$!!!! However, all four have top end appliances and bathroom fittings for sure.

So, all-in-all, it appears that in this area of town, one can get harbor views for a lot more $$$$$$ but fewer amenities OR a ton of top notch amenities at a comparatively lower price point $$$, but no harbor views. Can't have both :( I guess, those lucky souls who will eventually reside in pricey palaces such as the St.Regis and have their butler with spotless gloves pour them a drink and serve them fresh caviar specially flown from Norway, will not care about the seasonal fresh clementines sold just across the street at Echelon's central courtyard. They have better things to do such as watch the yatchs glide by or count the stars that twinkle directly above.

It's people like my colleague who will find fresh kale right at her doorstep "super exciting" and completely worth the relative high rent than having to sit in the car and drive 5 miles to the nearest Stop & Shop like me :(

To each their own!

Park Lane, although the oldest in Seaport, has the best unobstructed view and it will always stay unobstructed because of the Pavilion.

Not sure when the last time you have been down there, but the best unobstructed views in the area for residential would certainly be in some of the units in Pier 4, 22 Liberty, and 50 Liberty, in no particular order.

Well as a former resident of Pier 4, 99% are obstructed now. Unless you are floors 17 or above I believe, facing the airport.

Agreed on the other 2, I was thinking rentals not condos.

Well as a former resident of Pier 4, 99% are obstructed now. Unless you are floors 17 or above I believe, facing the airport.

Agreed on the other 2, I was thinking rentals not condos.
Ah ok, and I meant the new condos on Pier 4, not the "100 Pier 4" apartments.. god, those names must confuse a lot of people. What were they thinking?

If a lot of high end stores end up filling up here, along with inside the courtyard, then over into harbor way and up through harbor square, I feel like this could become the shopping mecca of Boston. Then you get the waterfront as well and hopefully some good restaurants over at pier 4 and 150 seaport.... its going to be pretty cool. The ICA is also right around the corner to boot along with the Iraq/Afghan veterans memorial. I think its pretty cool that the city has all of its great neighborhoods still but also theres a brand new modern one coming along over here on the waterfront to give the city a lot of variety. Its pretty cool too how fort point is kind of the seaports north end, so even though its all new and modern youre only a couple streets away from historic Boston.

Last edited:
If a lot of high end stores end up filling up here, along with inside the courtyard, then over into harbor way and up through harbor square, I feel like this could become the shopping mecca of Boston. Then you get the waterfront as well and hopefully some good restaurants over at pier 4 and 150 seaport.... its going to be pretty cool. The ICA is also right around the corner to boot along with the Iraq/Afghan veterans memorial. I think its pretty cool that the city has all of its great neighborhoods still but also theres a brand new modern one coming along over here on the waterfront to give the city a lot of variety. Its pretty cool too how fort point is kind of the seaports north end, so even though its all new and modern youre only a couple streets away from historic Boston.
Stick -- a good assessment -- except for
I feel like this could become the shopping mecca of Boston.
I don't think the concept of "Shopping Mecca" is relevant anymore -- there are plenty of retail sq. ft. having vacancy signs -- not nearly as much local shopping is supportable as in the past -- on-line and the hybrid on-line brick and mortar [e.g. Target, Walmart] are sucking up a lot of demand for the former small shops that used to cluster on places such as Bromfield St.. Today retail on the street mostly means services that you can't get on-line [e.g. hair and nails] as well as restaurants, food and beer/wine.

Back