(source BLDUP)

34145733574_4505af1d62_b.jpg

34988854775_aa11f9b08f_b.jpg

34178156163_5349310700_b.jpg

34178155533_1bafee583e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those mis-aligned windows.....

Other than that, I like it.

In that last render, it looks like the guy in the bottom left in the yellow shirt took a wrong turn after coming off the Manhattan Bridge from DUMBO. I will admit, the transfer from the bike lane on the bridge to Chrystie Street can be a bit tricky. :)

It's trendy, that's what they were thinking.

Those mis-aligned windows.....

Other than that, I like it.

In that last render, it looks like the guy in the bottom left in the yellow shirt took a wrong turn after coming off the Manhattan Bridge from DUMBO. I will admit, the transfer from the bike lane on the bridge to Chrystie Street can be a bit tricky. :)

If they were in a grid ... you would call it boring. Its a cheap and easy way to add texture to a building that cannot afford real texture. There is a demand for not boring ... but not budget for "really" not boring.

cca

Are they being tricky by their choice of viewing angle? It is a big U-shaped building that they make look like two slender towers by looking at the "tips" of the U (one in foreground, one in background) instead of into its belly.

Took me a while to place this building.

I gather the road in the foreground is North Point Blvd. (But southeast of North Point) The bridge to the left is the Gilmore Bridge. This is to occupy a lot that is tucked in between the Gilmore and the I-93 loop ramps, currently a parking lot and a few low-rise structures.

Took me a while to place this building.

I gather the road in the foreground is North Point Blvd. (But southeast of North Point) The bridge to the left is the Gilmore Bridge. This is to occupy a lot that is tucked in between the Gilmore and the I-93 loop ramps, currently a parking lot and a few low-rise structures.

see the "site" link i posted up top

Am I wrong in being annoyed that they aren't connecting Phase III to Gilmore Ave/bridge? That's one of the things I like about Twenty20 across the street--they've got the pedestrian connection and stairs, which not only activates the street but also provides a vital connection to the Bunker Hill "T" station.

Am I wrong in being annoyed that they aren't connecting Phase III to Gilmore Ave/bridge? That's one of the things I like about Twenty20 across the street--they've got the pedestrian connection and stairs, which not only activates the street but also provides a vital connection to the Bunker Hill "T" station.

That was my initial reaction too, but there's no sidewalk on that side of the bridge. There's nothing for a pedestrian connection to connect to. The Twenty20 side does have a sidewalk, so there it made sense.

Ideally both sides of the bridge would have a pedestrian way, but that's likely outside the scope of this project.

Way way outside. There is not an adequate sidewalk to connect to on that side of the bridge. (If I am remembering correctly)

cca

Last edited:
Way way outside. There is not an adequate sidewalk to connect to on that side of the bridge. (If I am remembering correctly)

cca

How is this not exactly what I said and you quoted?

Concern expressed up thread seems warranted. That is a pretty hulking mass from many angles. The news release shots, where it looks like twin thin towers, are its best angle (and not one many will see, as it is largely blocked by Museum Towers!).

Anyone know the reason why they're not building taller here? A nice set of slender and taller twin towers would be much better... this thing looks like a fortress.

Anyone know the reason why they're not building taller here? A nice set of slender and taller twin towers would be much better... this thing looks like a fortress.

It would cast shadows on the highway.

Back