Education First (Phase III) | 10 North Point Blvd | Cambridge

As part of the site prep, can they straighten out the window alignment? It is like the salmon-colored marble / brass accents of our day.

Pile driving has recently slowed. They were driving for more than four weeks: rain or shine!

Tower crane pieces onsite this morning: what you see was complete by 1800hrs. I apologize for the poor composition of the shot.

cnZOHMul.jpg

Last edited:
Without a bathtub's construction, this building has really moved. I'm normally biking past it so don't have images that show details.

This perspective is looking southeast beyond Twenty|20, and Gilmore Bridge, along Northpoint BLVD as of 17 May, with steel at lvls 5,6,7 and plating one or two below:

nalW47Dh.jpg

I don't have pictures, but they have begun installing precast concrete panels on the bottom floor, and its not looking too promising. Could've been the lighting/distance (from the Commuter Rail), but the slight variations in the shades of concrete don't look too sharp on this. Thankfully from the renders it looks like this portion will only take up the first two floors on the backside and there will be a lot of vegetation covering it. I could also be overreacting and it might play out well once this is fully enclosed.

I don't have pictures, but they have begun installing precast concrete panels on the bottom floor, and its not looking too promising. Could've been the lighting/distance (from the Commuter Rail), but the slight variations in the shades of concrete don't look too sharp on this. Thankfully from the renders it looks like this portion will only take up the first two floors on the backside and there will be a lot of vegetation covering it. I could also be overreacting and it might play out well once this is fully enclosed.

Give this one time. Wilson's office is chock full of good designers. I would hold off the hard worry for a bit on this one. That precast is really at the back side and probably appropriately banal.

cca

Back