Eli Lilly IGM | 15 Necco Street | Fort Point

In all honesty, though I think it's interesting, I personally do not care for the dimensions. It is either too short, or too wide. It just looks very heavy and off kilter.

[edit]
And I realize these comments can apply to so many buildings in Boston, but to me, it offers a more extreme example, probably because it's very purposefully not a background building.
[/edit]

Screen on the fence abutting the harbor walk was removed (or blew off in the storm?). You can see how the berm is built into the landscaping and that there will be a nice connection between the water sheet and the channel side of the building. Up close it really is a substantial elevation difference as seen next to the unfinished stair.

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg
IMG_1136.jpeg

Landscaping isn’t completely finished but the fence is down and the plants are in. Probably 95% complete at this point. It’s great harbor walk infill and will hopefully be dwarfed by the Channelside development whenever that starts…

IMG_1333.jpeg
IMG_1335.jpeg
IMG_1334.jpeg

Revival seems to be carving a niche as an office park cafe chain.

Revival seems to be carving a niche as an office park cafe chain.
They have one in the heart of downtown and one in notably non-office-parky Davis square spot.
Nor would I call 15 Necco an office park.
However, I think(?) I may get your point, which is that there's something cognitively dissonant about a hipster/gritty coffee joint inserting itself into the Alewife / Watertown Arsenal corporate not-cool-enough settings

Yeah… it was a bit of snark about office cafe quality and the semi-captive audience.

From this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_3147.JPG
    IMG_3147.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3149.JPG
    IMG_3149.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3155.JPG
    IMG_3155.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3157.JPG
    IMG_3157.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 153
Is that cobblestone-ish thing meant to be a walkable path?

Is that cobblestone-ish thing meant to be a walkable path?
Looked like more of a drainage feature. Taking rain water from the top of the platform areas to the lower parking lot level. Too ruff to walk on.

Back