Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

Great pics Jass!

MPA is Massachusetts Port Authority. They own alot of the land down there and for some reason they have jurisdiction over some of the streets.

Interesting tidbit: Massport has maintained ownership over its parcels in the area and entered into longterm leases with the developers rather than outright sale. The reason: proceeds from sold land go to the State's General Fund. Lease revenue stays with Massport.

So MPA = massport? I saw a lot of massport branded signs, so I guess MPA is just out of use?

MPA = Massachusetts Port Authority = Massport

Interesting tidbit: Massport has maintained ownership over its parcels in the area and entered into longterm leases with the developers rather than outright sale. The reason: proceeds from sold land go to the State's General Fund. Lease revenue stays with Massport.

Any idea what typical leases terms are on Massport property? Market rate? One dollar per year for 99 years?

Any idea what typical leases terms are on Massport property? Market rate? One dollar per year for 99 years?
No idea, but I'd bet pretty close to market rate. I think they have to advertise and put out competitive bidding.

The wood planked walkway is a nice touch!

This is better than anything built along the Greenway (excluding Chinatown park). Now please, no more Seaport parks!

Yes please, there's way too much open space in the Seaport already.

Why does the BRA have their own parking meters? It seems like that would be outside the scope of their purpose/redundant. Where does the money go?

unfortunately, it still looks like a wasteland, and until theres people living out there, it will contnue to look like a wasteland. There should be dense housing out there that is like 4 or 5 stories instead of 20. this would create enough density to move this place along.

There should be dense housing out there that is like 4 or 5 stories instead of 20.

What do you think this is, Boston?

A freind sent me this pix.(Miami Beach)kind of a cross between Fan pier and Atlantic wharf
untitled.jpg

What an improvement to the area!

On the topic of dense 5 story residential, have you seen the Bayside Expo Redevelopment discussion?

I already put this in the New Retail thread, but it belongs here.

louisbostonfanpier.jpg

The foundation is in for Louis Boston's new location on the waterfront - Fan Pier (@FanPierBoston)!!

Just being able to have access to the water's edge is well worth this being developed, even if only temperary!

Back