Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Re: Fenway Center (One Kenmore, Mass Turnpike PARCEL 7)

And I bet you 40 of those 45 extra cloudy days occur during the months from October to April. I also went to school out there (UB) and I swear you'd see the sun maybe a dozen times during the fall/winter/early spring. Screw the snow reputation, it's the wind and clouds that gnaw at you.

By the way, thanks for that link. Lots to chew on there.

If that is a new rendering then I really like it. It still has an office park feel unfortunately but the contemporary design helps. With the solar panels I don't see why they can't install more on the other roofs, but then I don't have the plans in front of me so I don't know the space requirements.

is this project fully approved? I like the new renderings over the older ones.

This will be built where the gun control posters are on the mass pike, correct?

No, the anti-NRA side is dedicated to five level garages for the Redsox and LMA fronted with Retail/Rental/Condos/Entertainment. The Hotel Buckminster side running alongside the Yawkey Commuter Rail Station and Beacon Street Bridge is where this project will span the Pike.

If that is a new rendering then I really like it. It still has an office park feel unfortunately but the contemporary design helps. With the solar panels I don't see why they can't install more on the other roofs, but then I don't have the plans in front of me so I don't know the space requirements.

I was wondering if this is a new rendering, or if the artist was using a merciful shorthand to depict the earlier Burlington Mall drawings?

it came from carlos zapara studio so im assuming its an updated rendering. that is definitely good news

Thanks! But I wonder... isn't it hard to see financing for all those condos? And financing for all that office space in an area of town that could hardly be called a prime office market? Hmmm...

Oh Toby, don't you know anything about marketing?

This is a dynamic project located in the heart of the highly coveted Back Bay/Fenway business district and located just steps from the iconic Prudential Center. :)

Good one!

No, the anti-NRA side is dedicated to five level garages for the Redsox and LMA fronted with Retail/Rental/Condos/Entertainment...

You know, I really hope they keep the anti-NRA billboard. For one, it's very interesting. Two, it's sort of a modern-day mural. I think if there were a narrow street (alley, even) running along the back of Landsdowne, with all the back entrances of clubs, it would seem like it had been there for hundreds of years. Especially with the huge billboard.

Have any Yawkey plans been released?

Well there be a center platform? All high level? How long?

Hope they call the new station "Fenway Park."

The new rendering seems better, but that landscraper along Brookline Ave is pretty terrible. Reminds me of the communist-era building across from the Christian Science center on Mass Ave.

I gotta say, I love that tower! It's much different than everything else that is being built in this city. Can't wait to see some NIMBYs knock it down!

The new rendering seems better, but that landscraper along Brookline Ave is pretty terrible. Reminds me of the communist-era building across from the Christian Science center on Mass Ave.

I love the commieblock next to Brookline Ave, it adds some needed density and what looks to be ground floor retail, and is also an architectural style that we haven't seen much in Boston (oddly enough, this is a style I really love). I think the the tallest tower is a twisting tower! Hope it actually will be one, since it will look good and be Boston's first.

Yay. Now we wait for the economy to get fixed.

Awesome. When was the last time something was approved so quickly and easily with the BRA?

This wasn't quick approval. Remember the original proposal, seven years ago, was for the opposite side of the Brookline Avenue Bridge alongside Lansdowne Street. The whole project spent years in relocation and redesign in negotiations with the RedSox.

I'm not seeing any UFP scrubbers in this plan and yet still no Ned. Hmmm....

Back