Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

6347868_orig.jpg

Or it looked like this and was barely noticeable and didn't really divide the city as the pike does. That image is so misleading as it was a large yard that at the time was necessary for rail operations and getting from Copley Square to the CSC was as easy as it is today it did not really divide the city.

Citylover -- Nice image -- But your image is centered way to the west and doesn't include the 15 or so acres of tracks right along Boylston St., separating the Back Bay from the south End -- today's site of the Pru complex which was the context of the image in my post

I don't know if I'd say it's apples to apples, though... the CAT was decked from beginning to end, paid for by the government. Mass Pike insists on passing along that expense to the developers. So Merano and Victor have incredibly less financial risk than a fully-realized Fenway Center would.

Just sayin'...

Dshoot -- Decked is not really the correct term -- that's like saying that the Green Line is Decked along Boylston St. from the Common to Kenmore

The CAT is in a tunnel from just south of South Station to just south of North Station at one point being 100 feet below the street level

The Masspike "Extension" was built mostly within the existing railroad ROW in an existing railway grade separated "trench" to facilitate street crossings
150e150da7502e6a1305c84936608092.jpg

That's Boylston Street heading west from Exeter along the right hand edge

I'm just guessing that since most of this yard was probably built as the Back bay filling was on-going that the pit wasn't so much dug as not filled

It was my understanding the project included a 27 story tower.

Anyone know if that is still happening?

The render seems to indicate a few floors have mysteriously disappeared.

or perhaps the angles shown in the graphic just make it look that way.

PDF says the tallest building is 305'. 27 floors makes sense with that height.

Please put whatever is left of this project out of its misery. Columbus Center had more legs than this.

It was probably resized per request of the FSG (Fenway Sports Group).

It seems pretty clear from the renders that this is taller than originally proposed, whether or not it has as many floors.

What the hell's going on. This thread should honestly be locked until construction starts. What a fucking joke.

Bullfinch triangle blocks look totally great in person.

This is going to be even totally better considering the (before) is air over a freeway.

Am I correct that 1, 2, 3, 4, is the proposed construction sequence?

Is not 4 the construction staging area for 3?

Am I also correct that Rosenthal has a development partner (who brings money) for 1 and 2 only?

If so, 3 will be built only when the sun sets in the east in Boston.

I think bldup dates are just guesses. I'd take them with a grain of salt.

TySmith -- if you read the NPC -- they are specifying Spring 2017 for the commencement of Phase 1 construction

which doesn't deal with the Turnpike as yet only a small deck over the railroad tracks and connecting to the Yawkey Station

They go on to say that the completion of Phase 1 will make the 2018 / 2019 beginning of Phase 2 ....

My guess is that during this development cycle -- we will not see Phase 2

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...papi-bridge/rleXVugRc9DsuTBCrp9MaI/story.html

Ah, Boston. Where they don't bother to notice that the ugly freeway overpass they're naming after a beloved sports hero will be rendered invisible by planned air-rights development.

Why not name an actual bridge after Papi? I'm sure they could find one over water that needs a name. Does the Mass. Ave. bridge have an official name?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...papi-bridge/rleXVugRc9DsuTBCrp9MaI/story.html

Ah, Boston. Where they don't bother to notice that the ugly freeway overpass they're naming after a beloved sports hero will be rendered invisible by planned air-rights development.

Why not name an actual bridge after Papi? I'm sure they could find one over water that needs a name. Does the Mass. Ave. bridge have an official name?

Mass Ave Bridge is the Harvard Bridge (go figure). Named by the legislature after John Harvard, originally connected West Chester Park (now Mass Ave) to Front Street (not sure if that is approximately Mem Drive now) in Cambridge.

Maybe they could name bridges after the streets they carry - instead of some sports star that no one will remember in a decade.

Back