Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Does anyone out there actually believe that this project will break ground in October 2020?

Does anyone out there actually believe that this project will break ground in October 2020?
Yes. They're coordinating this with the Parcel 12 air rights project right down the street, so the left-most lanes of the Pike are already blocked off right now for foundation work on both projects to begin. If work is ever going to start on this, the next couple of weeks is the time to do it.

According to Globe article. Air rights agreement ($55m) reached.

Article also has this nugget of hopeful thinking that's still good to hear:

Bosworth said improvements to the state’s process should benefit other air rights projects coming down the Pike: the Boston Properties project over Back Bay Station, a luxury hotel/condo proposal on Boylston Street planned by Peebles Corp., and the massive complex underway at South Station. There’s also interest in building above the Alewife and Sullivan Square T stops, and Bosworth said Simon is even talking about returning with alternative plans for Copley Place.

From tonight - the plaza and stairway between the two buildings is now open.

7BE1A5E3-ADD9-41B7-A51E-D06EC96AC49B.jpeg
7F6FAA7E-6E5E-4628-8D91-D9511BAB0DC3.jpeg
78E3D03A-40D0-4E89-AFC9-E2ACCB936307.jpeg

I love railway lighting, of course one always wonders if it gets maintained.

I detest the light posts that are strips of light. By creating so much glare, you make it harder to see

I drove by here yesterday and was finally able to put my finger on what building this reminds me of. The Travelers Insurance Co building that was demolished in 1988. I ripped this photo from the demolition video. I couldn’t find a better photo to compare.
6CF6020A-F0E1-4E29-99D8-0B91A65A5B49.png

Back