Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Unless I missed it elsewhere on here, there was an NPC filed for phase 2 yesterday. Looks like a lot of life sciences. New renders too (I think) starting ~ page 50ish:

1575569584171.png

View attachment 1664
1575569631177.png

1575569681665.png

1575569705664.png

1575569604947.png

1575569723757.png

345' Over the Pike!!!
Interesting how they saved the Citgo Sign,
aren't really going too tall on the site--but you won't see it quite so much
if these 4 proposed Kenmore highrises go up.

Last edited:
If the air rights portion gets built + One Kenmore + the Related Beal project finishes up, Kenmore Sq will feel completely different 4-5 years from now.

Still kinda confused where the foundation goes for this. I would have expected it to be anchored to land with the core off to the side of the pike and trussed over to the median, but thats not how theyre doing it. Looks challenging.

345 feet to the roof. That is a big and wide body. Looks sort of like the Pierce.

As an aside, how does anyone read these things? I literally spaced out after reading, "Dear Director Golden". Guess I never had a shot at being an architect or an engineer.

Looking at starting in Q2 2020 (when Phase 1 completes), completion in Q3 2024. That's a bit of time.

Still kinda confused where the foundation goes for this. I would have expected it to be anchored to land with the core off to the side of the pike and trussed over to the median, but thats not how theyre doing it. Looks challenging.

Looks like the elevators are directly over the pike, meaning an all-steel 'core' is likely, as we saw with Avalon North Station. Excited to see the steel design of this thing if it gets rising

Was Gensler always on Phase II, or did TAC get sacked?

The height diagram is on page 53 in case anybody is looking for it. I'm going to use it to request this building on skyscraperpage diagrams if nobody else beats me to it.

I submitted the update here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=8768518#post8768518

Always asking for help with the SSP diagrams. We still need all the MIT stuff for Cambridge (~342'? for tallest, 280' for Boeing, 295' for the one across the street, plus 200'+ for the cantilever currently U/C but I don't know that height). The Columbus dorm that's practically done is missing at 272'. All 3 Echelon buildings are missing around 260'. All the currently U/C Northpoint buildings are missing. Both U/C Assembly buildings are missing (both top 200', tallest was 275'). Last time I asked, this site was still in a lull of not approving new members. Well, I assume there are a bunch of new people out there and if you want to help, here's another way to do it! Post the updates here and the guy asks for backup! (otherwise it would be easier and I would have updated them all myself)

The tower is better looking than prior versions, but the street presence is sad. No retail or life. Lobbies and blank walls with a garage entrance taking center stage along Beacon.

I realize they'd talk up the connector, and I realize they're building for proximity to Longwood and not Fenway, but particularly along Brookline this the core of Fenway Park foot traffic, and you're giving them nothing - buildings in Cambridge Crossing aren't programmed this badly.

And I'm sure our toothless BCDC and useless BPDA will give little pushback. Sad.

The tower is better looking than prior versions, but the street presence is sad. No retail or life. Lobbies and blank walls with a garage entrance taking center stage along Beacon.

I realize they'd talk up the connector, and I realize they're building for proximity to Longwood and not Fenway, but particularly along Brookline this the core of Fenway Park foot traffic, and you're giving them nothing - buildings in Cambridge Crossing aren't programmed this badly.

Don't be fooled by the render, it specifically says in the PDF that the first two floors will be retail.

Don't be fooled by the render, it specifically says in the PDF that the first two floors will be retail.

I wasn't looking at the renders, I was looking at the floor plans. On p.67, I see one small retail space along Brookline (good), but two lobbies. On the next page, I see no retail, just a lot of cubicles. Given that the escalators don't appear on the second floor plan, maybe there's a "first floor" with retail, in which case I stand corrected.

Like what we may eventually see at Columbus Ctr, Lobster tower, etc, big, righteous trusses.

I realize they'd talk up the connector, and I realize they're building for proximity to Longwood and not Fenway....

This is an incredibly huge, wide thing. i'm wondering if south/southwest winds might be compressed/redirected east of the the tower, w/ balls hit to the left field line, curving back into play, and balls hit anywhere from straightaway left to the gap in right-center--jumping out of Fenway.

Last edited:
I wasn't looking at the renders, I was looking at the floor plans. On p.67, I see one small retail space along Brookline (good), but two lobbies. On the next page, I see no retail, just a lot of cubicles. Given that the escalators don't appear on the second floor plan, maybe there's a "first floor" with retail, in which case I stand corrected.

You may be right. I was going by the written description of building 3 that begins on page 21. I think the schematic on page 67 is building 4, which, due to it fronting the parking garage, gives much of its streetscape over to the garage entrance. So yeah, not much retail there, but the other three buildings, all of which front Beacon St., will have quite a bit of retail.

Back