Fenway HoJo's Redevelopment | 1271 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: Fenway HoJo

I hope they start with this as inspiration.

hotelofdoom.jpg

^ Would fit in pretty well on the BU campus in that state.

Hmm, we already have a ziggurat hotel across the river in Cambridge.

That building looks quite nice now that the cladding is almost done. I wouldn't be against having it in Boston (or more trolleybuses)

416627737797d9a5460cb.jpg

egad, is that a screen shot of Ridley Scott's remake of American Beauty? I'm not down with that thing being on earth, let alone Boston.

Wow! I didn't know they ever planned to clad it in anything. I thought exposed concrete was intended to be the look. Is that glass or alucobond?

I remember reading somewhere that when North Korea stopped work on this project it had been consuming something like 3% of the country's GDP.

It's actually the secret North Korean space exploration/nuclear weapons development facility, and it takes up a lot more than 3% of the GDP. [/Sarcasm]

It's AZN totalitarianism, so of course it has to be shiny.

No leaning against those doors -- that bus look like it's about to disintegrate!

I like the little fenced gardens. Nice touch of American suburbia, right in the heart of NoKo.

I found a great landscape solution for this building

4418176679_163df930f5_o.jpg

That building is a lot like what my minds' eye pictured the Miniluv to look like.

Me too...but since it didn't exist in the 1940s, Orwell had this place in mind instead:

258585050_8e30876a52.jpg

Can't wait for this fucker to go:

4457986565_c7948c7758_b.jpg

It once helped me in a pinch... had a chance to raise capital from some visiting Europeans staying in the Back Bay, didn't have too high hopes and didn't want to spend too much on meeting facilities. Midtown Hotel gave us an entire afternoon in a large basement conference room for the right price of $99.

The deal eventually fell through, which I blame on the bad lighting.

Interesting note though that the Midtown looked better on the inside than one might expect.

The design isn't too terrible from that angle. You can see some very slight Bauhaus influence. It might look decent in a field in Lincoln or something.

The design isn't too terrible from that angle. You can see some very slight Bauhaus influence. It might look decent in a field in Lincoln or something.
Louis Kahn. Yale Art Gallery.

Back