Fenway HoJo's Redevelopment | 1271 Boylston Street | Fenway

Landscaping, foundation work, and utilities look to be all set for the Verb's Airstream trailer expansion on Van Ness:

1623019246877.png

The Verb is really a Noun....A person, place, or thing is a noun, not a verb.
The Verb is an attitude. In a person place kind of way. It is "that thing" that you either have or don't.

Oh.....My.....God......

From Jumbobuc's link:
"Why do they look like home trailers vs. something interesting?" board Chairwoman Christine Araujo asked."

Lord, help Chairwoman Christine Araujo.........(btw, the Chair of the Board that greenlighted One Kenmore Square)

1623268646513.png

1623268693056.png

Last edited:
I would love to go back in time to 2006 and post here about how the crappy suburban Hojo's is not going away any time soon. They will just do cosmetic changes and everyone will love it. But here's the kick-a, even 15 years from now (in 2021) there will not be some fancy development plan, instead they build on their success by filling the lot with Airstreams.

I would love to go back in time to 2006 and post here about how the crappy suburban Hojo's is not going away any time soon. They will just do cosmetic changes and everyone will love it. But here's the kick-a, even 15 years from now (in 2021) there will not be some fancy development plan, instead they build on their success by filling the lot with Airstreams.

Cry me a river. That area of Boylston Street has undergone one of the best streetwall transformations anywhere in the city over the last 15 years. And now Scape is going up across the way.

One offbeat, interesting and funky exception breaking that continual wall is no reason to mourn. Down here in DC, I have heard several people talking about Verb in Boston the past few years. These Airstreams will only create more travel buzz.

Great cities have different and unique experiences to offer. It's too bad Kenmore Square couldn't be run by the folks at Verb.

Last edited:
I predict those Airstream trailers are going to be as popular as Green Monster seats. Verb is going to have to go to a lottery system for them (during the good weather months).

It's f***ing brilliant.
Look...we all know the West Roxbury trailer park is the Ninth Wonder of The World, 'kay. I'll accept no counterarguments...it's stone-cold fact. But as shit hot an Airbnb rental as those plots could be, you aren't going to *superluxe* the accommodations in them way out on the parkway by the Dedham line. You'd have to put the same unbesmirchable brilliance closer to the CBD. So why not. . .

See where I'm going with this??? ;)

I love the Verb and I think that the Airstream addition (replacing a strip of surface parking abutting a chain link fence) is an excellent use for the essentially dead space. As Boylston builds up, I think the Verb's contribution to the neighborhood becomes even more valuable. It's a vibrant, active, interesting outlier. And if the novelty wears off in a few years, it's an easy property to redevelop. I'd take this retrofit over half of the generic glass boxes and 5 over 1s that we're stuck with for the foreseeable future.

Look...we all know the West Roxbury trailer park is the Ninth Wonder of The World, 'kay. I'll accept no counterarguments...it's stone-cold fact. But as shit hot an Airbnb rental as those plots could be, you aren't going to *superluxe* the accommodations in them way out on the parkway by the Dedham line. You'd have to put the same unbesmirchable brilliance closer to the CBD. So why not. . .

See where I'm going with this??? ;)

'deed I do.

You and Chairwoman Christine (One Kenmore Square) Araujo can snark all you like about the Airstreams going in behind Fenway at the Verb.

Others understand, however, that it is one of the most creative POP-UP ideas. It will be easy to sell off/move these things to other locations, hotels, etc. when the Verb gives way eventually to an 8 story landscaper.

And you are 100% wrong about it in the CBD. It would never fly there. It works at THIS location behind Fenway Park and diagonal from the new MGM Music Hall - It helps to understand location context.

Is it permanent? Hell no. Capitalism talks. It's not nearly as permanent as One Kenmore Square.

Last edited:

And you forgot to mention that it's WATERFRONT PROPERTY too! A waterfront trailer park in Boston . . . hard to believe right?

I love the Airstream idea. Really cool especially where this is located. This property is worth a fortune and we all know this hotel will not last forever.

P.S. Is Tasty Burger still there in the Fenway?

Last edited:
I like it. I bet you'll have to book it weeks in advance...

Its truly brilliant marketing. Not sure how it will play during winter months, but the combo of out of state travelers to Fenway Park or the new MGM Music Hall will make these very hot tickets. The Hospitality/Tourism industry today is keying more on “Experience Vacations”. Basically, the unique story/narrative you will remember after your trip and can relate to your friends/relatives when you return.

This idea by Verb, given that particular entertainment district, is brilliant. If it hasn’t been used before in other cities/hotels (I’m not sure whether it has not) it will be a great case study for the industry and sure to be copied.

Last edited:
Cry me a river. That area of Boylston Street has undergone one of the best streetwall transformations anywhere in the city over the last 15 years. And now Scape is going up across the way.

One offbeat, interesting and funky exception breaking that continual wall is no reason to mourn. Down here in DC, I have heard several people talking about Verb in Boston the past few years. These Airstreams will only create more travel buzz.

Great cities have different and unique experiences to offer. It's too bad Kenmore Square couldn't be run by the folks at Verb.
Screw you pal. What do you think I am crying a river about? I am pointing out that what once seemed true here might have been wrong and we shouldn't be so sure of ourselves.

Screw you pal. What do you think I am crying a river about? I am pointing out that what once seemed true here might have been wrong and we shouldn't be so sure of ourselves.

Absolutely. I must have misread your tone. My apologies for writing “Cry me a river”.

Back