Fenway Infill and Small Developments

Big pipe and culvert in the ground in front of Landmark. I sure hope they don't daylight this like the town brook in Quincy. The whole "Yes, we'll show you this brook. But we will then fortify the banks and put up a massive permanent fence around it."

Big pipe and culvert in the ground in front of Landmark. I sure hope they don't daylight this like the town brook in Quincy. The whole "Yes, we'll show you this brook. But we will then fortify the banks and put up a massive permanent fence around it."

http://www.muddyrivermmoc.org/

The renderings show this as having a path that goes around the muddy river with some trees between the path and the river.

Landmark center expansion just got approved by the BRA.

Does this mean that in theory they could start construction tomorrow? Or is there still more red tape before they can begin?

Per Universal Hub, Shaw's is seeking ability to sell alcohol in its Fenway store. Given Boston/MA regulatory environment, I cannot imagine they would go through the hoop jumping exercises to get permission if they are looking to flip that property to a developer in the near term. In my very amateur opinion, it is almost an entrenchment move with the hopes that the Wegmans will not have a license to sell booze.

http://www.universalhub.com/2014/fenway-shaws-wants-add-liquor-its-inventory

Per Universal Hub, Shaw's is seeking ability to sell alcohol in its Fenway store. Given Boston/MA regulatory environment, I cannot imagine they would go through the hoop jumping exercises to get permission if they are looking to flip that property to a developer in the near term. In my very amateur opinion, it is almost an entrenchment move with the hopes that the Wegmans will not have a license to sell booze.

That shaws is so dumpy...they should update it...I guarantee that it goes out of business as soon as wegmans is up and running.

Wegmans is minimum 24 months from opening, 36 is feasible as well. So this doesn't preclude any redevelopment, if anything it enhances its value in selling the site if it can sell a liquor license.

I shop at Shaw's every once in awhile and they have made some renovations to the store. They have signs everywhere with layouts for new sections. This would seem to indicate that they might be trying to save it. I don't mind Shaw's, but Wegman's and Target (may have food as well?) coming makes it feel like a living relic… I don't really see them lasting for more than 5 years.

That's funny, I seem to remember them selling alcohol at that Star Market way back in the late 90's/early 2000's and then they turned that area into the international food section.
Target (may have food as well?)
If it has anything like the grocery section in the Revere Target, it is not a good substitute for a grocery store.

HoJo go byebye:

12556795794_41a87ed31e_b.jpg

12556790644_8971f1eb2f_b.jpg

A friend of the forum has a question. They're looking for a proposed massing/rendering of the Howard Johnson site in Fenway (across from Viridian). Anyone see anything on the interweb?

A friend of the forum has a question. They're looking for a proposed massing/rendering of the Howard Johnson site in Fenway (across from Viridian). Anyone see anything on the interweb?
Maybe the Suffolk Construction site has one?

I like how it looks as u enter the city not sure Im going to like all the boxes that will form this new Fenway skyline when finish?

Thats such a dumpy shaws though...

Have you been in there recently? It's gotten a lot better, and they're planning on some pretty major renovations in the next few months. I'm still not convinced it will be better than Wegmans, but it's all that Fenway has for the next year or two, so I'm happy it's getting upgraded.

Back