Fenway Infill and Small Developments

Tasty Burger is eventually going to go, too.

Not so fast.

I was in town today with my kids and they were doing a GPS scavenger hunt. One of the hiding places was at the side of that Tasty Burger. It was closed to the public, but we still got to go around the side. There were upwards of 15-20 personnel there doing extensive renovation work.

Not so fast.

I was in town today with my kids and they were doing a GPS scavenger hunt. One of the hiding places was at the side of that Tasty Burger. It was closed to the public, but we still got to go around the side. There were upwards of 15-20 personnel there doing extensive renovation work.

They also completely renovated the Shaw's into a Star Market and added a whole outdoor seating area, new entrance, etc. It doesn't mean it's going to be there forever. The point is that like Star, Tasty Burger, and the abutting Post Office (which was probably the construction you saw) aren't dense enough for the 'new' Boylston St and their replacements are inevitable. Maybe 4-5 years down the road, but they'll be gone (or incorporated into new structures) eventually.

...but they'll be gone (or incorporated into new structures) eventually.

Anyone been to the Burger Shack at the Parker Meridian Hotel in NYC? Literally a shack with a high rise hotel built around it. Pretty awesome.

Anyone been to the Burger Shack at the Parker Meridian Hotel in NYC? Literally a shack with a high rise hotel built around it. Pretty awesome.

Yeah, I did a "Hidden Restaurants of Manhattan" weekend with my girlfriend last summer. Burgers weren't as good as advertised (some said "best in the city!"), but still a cool experience overall. There was no line when we went, so it was great. Sakagura on 43rd is the other spot we went to that's fun to find (and delicious).

I wish we had more like that in Boston (Bodega is pretty well known at this point and also not a restaurant). Tasty Burger has a cult following in this city. It would be awesome to see it come back as a hidden burger shack in a new development should the site be developed.

GW, there is a 16-story (?) tower slated to break ground soon as a second phase to Van Ness (Boylston West). This will be located at the east corner of Brookline Ave and Kilmarnock Street on the rock garden and where Sal's Pizza is/was.

Are there renderings of this? I've been scouring all over for some, but I'm drawing up a blank. It's been called out multiple times as 120 Brookline Ave, 132 Brookline Ave, or 120-132 Brookline Ave - nothing seems to come up anywhere for a rendering other than just a refurb of the buildings currently there.

132_brookline_ave_1.jpg

132_brookline_ave_2.jpg

132 Brookline isn't being built anytime soon. In the meantime, they are fitting out the storefront on the corner for the new Wahlburgers.

Can you give some details on what I'm looking at? Sorry but it's been awhile since I've been down there and out of touch.

Back