Fenway Infill and Small Developments

what are the plans for miner street? back in the day, the gate to harvard vanguard parking lot would close and lock at night, blocking the connection to fullerton street. i think i recall seeing plans to formally connect these two streets but not sure when and how that would happen - does anyone know? i also dont know if the city actually controls a full right of way (at least for both roads all the wat to the opposite sides of the former rail right of way) or if harvard vanguard fully controls the portion in their lot.

Nothing wrong with this. Nothing special either but ...

cca

I actually quite like it at night when all the interior lights are on. There is this long expanse inside where the walls are exposed brick, contrasted with the boxy glass modern exterior. Usually not my thing, but when the space is active it is will add some life to this forgotten end of Newbury St.

Fenway has been lit up almost every night while they build the ski jump. It is huge.

New in today's BBJ -- more walk-to-work employment
Global health tech giant to hire hundreds for new Fenway office
Feb 10, 2016, 5:13pm EST Updated Feb 10, 2016, 5:26pm EST

Morning Edition >> Afternoon Edition >> Breaking News

Jessica Bartlett
Reporter
Boston Business Journal

A subsidiary of health care giant UnitedHealth Group is taking a giant leap from the suburbs to relocate to Boston’s Fenway neighborhood, with plans to move 400 employees to new office space and hire an additional 400.
Optum, the data services arm of national health insurer UnitedHealth Group, will be the anchor tenant in Van Ness, one of the Fenway's newest residential-and-office building, occupying 125,000 square feet of space.
...“We’re experiencing very rapid growth in the Boston area,” said Matt Stearns, a spokesman for Optum. “It makes sense for us to bring together a large number of our people into a collaborative hub in an up-and-coming neighborhood to drive innovation and technical (partnerships).”
Optum will move to the new space at 1325 Boylston St. in the spring from offices in Wakefield, Waltham and Brighton. The company said the majority of its workforce of 400 in the Boston area would be moving to the Fenway location.
The company also plans to hire another 400 people to be housed in the building, mainly to accommodate a growing list of clients in the Boston area and to attract technology talent.

Another new in the BBJ -- more walk to work employment
This time in the redevelopment of the Landmark Center

HEALTH CARE INC.
Fenway's Landmark Center lands Boston Children's, Harvard Pilgrim as tenants
Feb 10, 2016, 5:15pm EST

Morning Edition >> Afternoon Edition >> Breaking News

Two prominent health care companies have taken up residence in the historic Landmark Center building in Boston's Fenway neighborhood. Both Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care have come onboard as tenants, Samuels & Associates announced Wednesday.

...Some administrative functions from Boston Children’s Hospital — including Chief Innovation Officer John Brownstein — have moved into the building's seventh floor. Children’s had already had a presence on the sixth floor with several media relations personnel...The new space has allowed Children’s to consolidate other Boston locations, including an office on Autumn Street and employees previously housed on Simmons College’s campus.

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, which is part of the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care insurer, also moved its 180 employees into 58,000 square feet of the building last month from space at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in Kenmore....The Institute undertakes research on behalf of the insurer and Harvard Medical School to prevent obesity, develop drug policy, study the spread of hospital infections, and look at key areas in pediatrics. The Health Care Institute also contains Harvard Medical School’s Department of Population Medicine.

Back