Fenway Infill and Small Developments

fit.jpeg

“Former Boston Cab Headquarters to Become 443-Unit Residential Development”

https://news.bostonrealestate.com/former-boston-cab-headquarters-to-become-443-unit-residential-development

That looks quite nice. I'd like to see more but this looks appropriate for the area.

That's a handsome angle! Agreed ^ would love to see more, massing is appropriate, though I'm worried about those north-facing units overlooking the adjacent single-story retail. What happens if/when they decide to redevelop that as multi-story mixed-use? Or are they the same landowner, now?

That's a handsome angle! Agreed ^ would love to see more, massing is appropriate, though I'm worried about those north-facing units overlooking the adjacent single-story retail. What happens if/when they decide to redevelop that as multi-story mixed-use? Or are they the same landowner, now?

There'a a whole thread for this project. Perhaps a mod can move these comments over there?

But to answer your questions, the remaining Restaurant Row is a different owner. It's only about 40 feet deep and the gem of Fenway neighborhood, so it's highly unlikely that'll get redeveloped.

Here's the BCDC presentation (pdf), by the way.

But they're also being replaced by new ones, such as dbar and Peggy O'Neils/Blend elsewhere in the city.

Yeah but Machine is so niche that if this goes theres a HUGE hole in 18+ queer spaces, and its one of the most frequented drag spaces as well. Does anyone know what plans they have on moving to another space/negotiations with the developer?

Back