Fenway Infill and Small Developments

The article above gives street addresses of the parcels, which translates into this:

pu6TCHB.png

Currently it's a few shops, a huge parking lot and a huge parking garage. Since this is zoned for local service as well as residential, I'm hopeful that they will add on to the already-existing food scene on Peterborough street. Imagine another 5-10 small restaurants wrapping around this block from Peterborough to Kilmarnock to Queensberry.

Currently it's a few shops, a huge parking lot and a huge parking garage. Since this is zoned for local service as well as residential, I'm hopeful that they will add on to the already-existing food scene on Peterborough street. Imagine another 5-10 small restaurants wrapping around this block from Peterborough to Kilmarnock to Queensberry.

My girlfriend lives across the street from this garage/parking lot; I'd love to see it developed into a brick-facade 5ish-story retail/residential mix like everything it abuts. Something like the low-rise portion of Assembly Row Parcel 6 would be perfect here.

And with the former Swish Shabu restaurant space on Peterborough listing the highest asking rents of any space in the city at $112.50/sf there's plenty of motivation to build more restaurant space here.

Half of the Shabu space is already spoken for. Note that EJT also owns the parcel at 69 Kilmarnock that houses Tapestry. I imagine that is part of the deal with Cabot as well.

My girlfriend lives across the street from this garage/parking lot; I'd love to see it developed into a brick-facade 5ish-story retail/residential mix like everything it abuts. Something like the low-rise portion of Assembly Row Parcel 6 would be perfect here.

And with the former Swish Shabu restaurant space on Peterborough listing the highest asking rents of any space in the city at $112.50/sf there's plenty of motivation to build more restaurant space here.

Sale of Tutunjian's land is final.

Boston Globe said:
Doherty said his primary interest is in Tutunjian’s property, 2.1 acres across four parcels in the red-hot Fenway area. He plans to build a large residential development on the property, while finding a transportation company to operate the taxi business.

[...]

Doherty already has an idea for what he wants to build on the real estate, located near the intersection of Queensberry and Kilmarnock streets: a multifamily residential complex. Zoning rules for the Fenway, he said, would allow a project as large as 400,000 square feet. However, he promised to meet with nearby residents before pushing ahead with redevelopment.

The Globe mentions 2.1 acres over four parcels, but I count six Tutunjian properties at Kilmarnock and Queensberry.

Current zoning here (75 ft height limit, 4 FAR) seems very appropriate. Here's hoping that whatever gets built is quality.

Sale of Tutunjian's land is final.

The Globe mentions 2.1 acres over four parcels, but I count six Tutunjian properties at Kilmarnock and Queensberry.

Current zoning here (75 ft height limit, 4 FAR) seems very appropriate. Here's hoping that whatever gets built is quality.

Based on that article, Cabot, Cabot and Forbes is the developer for this parcel. Here's a link to their projects page. Overall their work seems pretty bland and inoffensive. However they've also had mostly suburban projects... maybe they will be inspired by the most urban location in their portfolio?

Meanwhile, Related, which bought the six-story property below the sign and eight other properties from Boston University for about $140 million in October, is looking to upgrade the property, though it hasn’t announced plans yet. The building in question includes a BU Barnes & Noble bookstore.

“We are speaking to prominent Boston companies as we do expect it to be a marquee office location,” a Related spokeswoman said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rent-dispute-shines-light-on-a-revered-boston-symbol-1489508116

Lansdowne Street to be closed to cars on Red Sox game days. This seems 100% reasonable and prudent to me, and I'm someone with a strong hatred for most "security theater" bullshit.

This makes the (Red Sox-owned) Lansdowne Garage pretty worthless. Converting that building into a bar (with a roof deck) seems like a total no-brainer for me. Team leadership has been hinting that they are planning to redevelop some of their many Fenway-area parcels, and they had to have known about this change in advance; I wonder if the garage will be the first to go...

Lansdowne Street to be closed to cars on Red Sox game days. This seems 100% reasonable and prudent to me, and I'm someone with a strong hatred for most "security theater" bullshit.

This makes the (Red Sox-owned) Lansdowne Garage pretty worthless. Converting that building into a bar (with a roof deck) seems like a total no-brainer for me. Team leadership has been hinting that they are planning to redevelop some of their many Fenway-area parcels, and they had to have known about this change in advance; I wonder if the garage will be the first to go...

Tangental question: What do the Red Sox use for employee parking?

Num Pang is finally opening in the Pru. No idea what's up with Anna's or Dig Inn.

Katz's Deli is looking at a Boston location potentially - according to WSJ 5/10.

Back