Fenway Infill and Small Developments

Bummer.

img4845lr9.jpg

img4847yf7.jpg

img4846dt5.jpg

If this gets replaced by a seven-story box, I bet the resulting commercial uses will be much less in tune with the residents' needs.
This is likely --but only because current planning decisions are lost in the woods. It has not much to do with the buildings' height.

Seven stories here is better than one. And best of all would be for all the restaurants to return at street level.

Speaking of that area, the same developer also has this small rendering on their website which I believe is for a new building at 1325 Boylston, across the street from 1330 which they just completed.

3350.jpg

That's 1350, replacing the Burger King and going up against the party wall of 1330, I believe (though the website doesn't appear to be working completely for me to confirm).

Once all of that area is built-out, I would suspect they would need to upgrade the D-Branch Fenway T-station. More controlled access, or at least something to keep people from wandering across the tracks.....actually, controlled access, even without game day, there is sometimes a huge line to board when the drivers make everyone use front doors only.

That's 1350, replacing the Burger King and going up against the party wall of 1330, I believe (though the website doesn't appear to be working completely for me to confirm).

Really? In that case, is the rendering showing primarly a Kilmanrock frontage? Otherwise, that doesn't jive in regards to a party wall.

Why not just make a true flat iron building out of that triangular lot? There is potential to turn this into a real gateway building for the Fenway.

That is a great form but it looks like just another shitty pre-cast/glass curtain nothing. I truly hope, for the sake of the entire city, that we don't get a cousin to the 'worst new condo tower' in NYC:

shampoo.JPG

Biggest lost opportunity in NYC?

I can't tell from the rendering if this is a massing model or a cynical attempt at faux Libeskind.

The "notch" in the Boylston Street facade is to daylight the west side of Trilogy.

I don't mind the height here. I may mind the design.

Im confused.

The aerial render shows the tirangle lot, but not the smaller building shown a few posts above. In fact, the 1330 isnt even show...

Im surprised theyre going so tall for the triangle, only because of triology sightlines. I like hight, I just didnt think theyd want to block their own tenants.

I also hope whatever goes in the BK lot keeps the BK. The neighborhood used to have three, its the only one left.

Im confused.

The aerial render shows the tirangle lot, but not the smaller building shown a few posts above. In fact, the 1330 isnt even show...

Im surprised theyre going so tall for the triangle, only because of triology sightlines. I like hight, I just didnt think theyd want to block their own tenants.

I also hope whatever goes in the BK lot keeps the BK. The neighborhood used to have three, its the only one left.

I believe those tenants are Harvard Grad students. If i'm not mistaken, Harvard leased that side of the building and uses it for graduate housing.

Someone please correct me if im wrong though.

http://www.hres.harvard.edu/RRE/NewWeb/Brochure/Affiliated/Complexes/trilogy.htm

i THINK i like that rendering but u cant really see much detail so i'll hold judgment for later

The development map:
http://www.fenwaytriangle.com/downloads/FenTri_Site_Map_WEB.pdf

Shows the footprints clearly. Judging by the low quality of the rendering, I doubt the 'flat iron' building has made it too far through schematic design. The building is notched on both sides to allow views for Trilogy towards the LMA and it looks like the parking access is going to be directly off Brookline Ave, sharing the driveway with Trilogy.

I think 1325 is being constructed first in order to link Samuel's developments together. Having a continuous streetwall from Trilogy to 1330 probably helps sell 'the vision' better than piecemeal development.

1325 looks to be replacing a Goodyear, a gas station, and a couple parking lots. The Burger King is across the street, next to 1330. Also, the new street running parallel to Yawkey will start/end here.

Back