Foundation Medicine (Parcel P) | 400 Summer Street | Seaport

I’m a bit surprised that they haven’t started on the facade yet, but it’s probably another supply chain casualty.
Saw these panels today. They are on the western side. Someone with a better camera hopefully can get the detail in the brick. PS. These were up yesterday without the black above the glass, just the silver as you can see on the squares on the right.
8469B12C-7773-415B-B651-E1F2F553BC70.jpeg
684675B3-6513-4959-99E5-18DD477FE0AE.jpeg

Last edited:
I think that is the idea, especially looking down Congress St. When Parcel N is complete, there will be some what of a Trompe-l'œil ( French 'deceive the eye') creating what will look like three different facades when you look down the street. That way the the building will correspond size wise to the older building on congress. I might be reading into to it to much but you can sort of see the intent to create three facades in the Parcel N renderings. The façade is intentionally broken up on the Summer St elevation.

parcel N.png

I think that is the idea, especially looking down Congress St. When Parcel N is complete, there will be some what of a Trompe-l'œil ( French 'deceive the eye') creating what will look like three different facades when you look down the street. That way the the building will correspond size wise to the older building on congress. I might be reading into to it to much but you can sort of see the intent to create three facades in the Parcel N renderings. The façade is intentionally broken up on the Summer St elevation.

View attachment 26491

I’d buy that explanation, but still not into it. Seems like the same strategy in Assembly Sq. It looks like many different buildings from afar, but up close, it’s kind of a let down. But by all means, if that’s what it takes to build buildings and get people working and living in dense environs…good for them.

The black side facade is only on the side thats in the middle facing towards the other building, so itl mostly be blocked when the 2nd building goes up.

Back