Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

crane looks like it's about to jump... it hasn't done so yet. Saw it myself tonight.

crane looks like it's about to jump... it hasn't done so yet. Saw it myself tonight.

FU4GPwZh.jpg

Given the brutalist towers already there I'd say leave the glass off, it would fit in better.

^ They're hanging the flag backwards. As a flag nerd, that's a pet peeve of mine...

The flag is properly displayed. Imagine somebody running with it, toward the top (have to picture the building turned horizontally). The breeze created by movement causes the flag to flow behind the person carrying it, and it would look as displayed. There has been quite a bit of discussion regarding this from last weekend when baseball teams were accused of wearing the flag patch backward on their right arms. But it was actually correct -- the blue field should be forward as the flag moves.

More info:

https://www.marlowwhite.com/faq/f-why-is-the-flag-patch-reversed.html

The flag is properly displayed. Imagine somebody running with it, toward the top (have to picture the building turned horizontally). The breeze created by movement causes the flag to flow behind the person carrying it, and it would look as displayed. There has been quite a bit of discussion regarding this from last weekend when baseball teams were accused of wearing the flag patch backward on their right arms. But it was actually correct -- the blue field should be forward as the flag moves.

More info:

https://www.marlowwhite.com/faq/f-why-is-the-flag-patch-reversed.html

Nope. When hanging the US flag vertically, the union should always be in the top left. This is a stationary, vertical display. The building is not a moving object like a plane, car, or person. A million sources (including your own link!) all agree on this.

Nope. When hanging the US flag vertically, the union should always be in the top left. This is a stationary, vertical display. The building is not a moving object like a plane, car, or person. A million sources (including your own link!) all agree on this.

This is correct.
However, visually, I prefer it the way they have it.
The other way "looks" backwards to me.

Then again, I like my toilet paper roll in the "improper" overhand position.

Ok can't resist...from the nerd in me:

This pic gives an excellent sense of the complexity of this building's structure (e.g., and why it's taking so freaking long to build). In order to have what will presumably be wrap-around glass at the lower levels, the structural designers needed those diagonal members to transfer the loads from the entire upper portion of the skyscraper outward to the primary structure to the extreme left and extreme right of these giant openings. This is how you know this is a luxury building..."Gotta have the wrap-around glass!! Cost be damned!!"

In this one you can visualize this being the gap between two of the tallest buildings in Boston. 1 Dalton is going to go vertically out of the picture.

Not sure where they got their height information but if it is correct, then this tower will be slightly shorter than the Pru.

The Millennium ended up with plus 60 from the original 625' , so I am hoping Dalton 699' will have the same growth spurt!

Back