Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

prudent1.jpg

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/fa267/20_sky3.html

Indulge a little off-topic digression please...

..I'm just old enough to not remember the Pru Center when it was a plaza like this (b.1981 - just old enough to remember when Alewife opened). And man - every time I see a photo like this I'm stunned by how inhospitable it must have been, and by what a tremendous improvement the current format is...

I remember nobody wanted to go to the Prudential mall cause it was too cold or hot instead went to Copley place or Lafayette place back then

No new pics, although I certainly was in prime position to get some. However, I want to bring up that I noticed last night it looks like this is in dire need of a crane jump. In fact, the core appeared higher than the cab of the crane!

Could it be they are delaying the jump until the weekend to avoid the Friday wind/rain storm? It certainly isn't hurricane force or anything like that, but I could see issues for an unsecured crane at those heights.

Crane still hasn't jumped. I assume it will this weekend. Here's a crappy cell phone pic from tonight.

Photo2071 by David Z, on Flickr

Kool.

Just a random thought, but it's probably pretty close to 40 Trinity Pl size about now. :)

As you notice in David's first pic, the segment of the crane used for hoisting it higher was elevated just below the crane cab yesterday.

Crane was beginning it's jump this morning (presumably getting segments at least a couple of segments in ahead of the storm so that the crane is once again above the core for next week).

Crane was beginning it's jump this morning (presumably getting segments at least a couple of segments in ahead of the storm so that the crane is once again above the core for next week).

I have to say I'm very surprised they are jumping the crane right BEFORE the upcoming storm. I was sure they were waiting until Sunday.

I have to say I'm very surprised they are jumping the crane right BEFORE the upcoming storm. I was sure they were waiting until Sunday.

I'm not in the city during the day, so I can't see its current height since this morning, but they may be only adding a few segments to clear the cab above what's built.

During the storm, they will probably want to "cut 'er loose," letting the boom and attached cab rotate freely in the wind to prevent a collapse. If that is the case they probably want at least some clearance to achieve that free rotation.

Approaching via the Pike

26804473378_7b3686675d_b.jpg

Stupid bus thingy grrr

39780929295_657f6b9818_b.jpg

And heading out on 93

39965851034_0640d658c7_b.jpg

for a while there, the glass was keeping pace with the structure, but the past few weeks it's continued to rise, but the cladding has stayed put. wonder what's up with that.

Back